Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Next Boat 23 LSV vs T23 18/19

Jayride

"First time caller, long term listener"

I have been a lurker on this forum for awhile now and figured it was time to join the madness.  What better way to join the madness than to start with a question.  My family and I have truly enjoyed our Axis A22 and now ready for a new ride. We are looking for a bigger boat and better wave. We  have nothing but great things to say about our Axis. The boat has been a solid performer and handled everything we through at it.  That being said our first go to was to A24 and loved the redesign and the new interior for 2019, but the boat is too large for our garage... total buzz kill. 

We have now started to look at the23 LSV or maybe a T23 but I really dig the interior upgrade of the LSV. We have not rode behind either but do plan to set up a demo soon.  This may sound like a silly question but how much better is the wave on a 18 or 19 LSV compared to my 2015 Axis A22? We are not a fan of step pads on the 18 but that alone is not a deal killer for us. if we go LSV and get a better deal on a left over 18 would you take that over a 19? I prefer a GM motor as we have had no issues out of our Axis PCM motor with over 550 hours on it. Our Axis has been solid except for a bad speaker! 

We are looking for little more room and both boats felt bigger from the moment we sat in them. We surf pretty much 98% of the time and the wave is also a factor. We are dealer loyal so the boat will be Malibu or Axis or we will keep what we have! 

thanks in advance for any knowledge you can throw my way! I know if comes down to the demo but I would love to hear from you guys that have owned the LSV or T23. 

Edited by Jayride

I had a 2018 23 LSV this year and honestly loved that boat so I would personally lean that way instead of a T23. I demoed a 2018 T23 a few weeks ago with a buddy that's deciding between the T23 and A24 but I didn't get to surf it because of an injury. He was able to surf it but wants to try out the A24 before he decides what to get.

I'm very happy with the 23 LSV wave but wasn't that impressed with the T23 wave in comparison; however, I'd expect the redesigned 2019 T23 wave to improve since all of the recent Axis redesigns have been hits. Axis got the power wedge in 2018, so that's a big plus over your 2015 too. 

As for the 18 vs. 19, the step pads were a non-issue in 65 hours this year but there might not be many 2018 left in some areas. We had no issues at all with the Ford motor, or anything else on the boat for that matter.

• Like 1
On 8/29/2018 at 6:39 PM, NWBU said:

I had a 2018 23 LSV this year and honestly loved that boat so I would personally lean that way instead of a T23. I demoed a 2018 T23 a few weeks ago with a buddy that's deciding between the T23 and A24 but I didn't get to surf it because of an injury. He was able to surf it but wants to try out the A24 before he decides what to get.

I'm very happy with the 23 LSV wave but wasn't that impressed with the T23 wave in comparison; however, I'd expect the redesigned 2019 T23 wave to improve since all of the recent Axis redesigns have been hits. Axis got the power wedge in 2018, so that's a big plus over your 2015 too. 

As for the 18 vs. 19, the step pads were a non-issue in 65 hours this year but there might not be many 2018 left in some areas. We had no issues at all with the Ford motor, or anything else on the boat for that matter.

You in the flip hame now?

4 hours ago, Stevo said:

You in the flip hame now?

You may see me in a 2019 23 LSV, or even possibly in a 25 LSV if I'm not careful.

It's not helping that everyone who's been on the new 25 is just gaga over the wave. The last guy I talked to about it was a certain pro with an M235 and even he was raving about it.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jwl019 said:

Curious if anyone has ridden in one of the new T23's?  Is it going to require an additional bag sitting on top of the seats in the bow?

I have not been behind the T23 yet.  But Its a balance, if you load up the rear you'll need some extra in the bow.  If you want to avoid bags on the seats (that was my goal too in my T22) some strategically placed lead bags will usually do the trick. 

15 minutes ago, vanamp said:

I have not been behind the T23 yet.  But Its a balance, if you load up the rear you'll need some extra in the bow.  If you want to avoid bags on the seats (that was my goal too in my T22) some strategically placed lead bags will usually do the trick. 

What kind of weight are you running in the T22? Stock hard tanks, plus what size plug and play and any extra? The brochure for the T23 says something like 4k max ballast but the hard tanks only equal around 1,500.

Edited by jwl019
Spelling

i've been in a 2017  t23  and it most definitely needs extra weight up front unless you like riding the swim deck.  It had 650's in back, but with the wedge down its just not enough weight out front to lengthen the wave and its VERY nose high.. It also rides like a brick in any sort of chop imo unless you keep the bow and center tanks filled while cruising, but that brings the nose pretty close to the water at idle... Can't say if the new 23lsv is better but from what i recall an 08 23 rode better than t23- if that matters.