Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

FYI for the northeast members.

TenTwentyOne

Thanks for jumping in with a comprehensive explanation to straighten out the rumors on it.

You built a very solid reputation in the area @SmoothWaterMan.  You said it best. You were about customer service, and not sales..... and it showed. Nobody up here ever had anything bad to say about Smooth Water Sports. 

I’m sure there will still be some Malibu’s sold in this area, but I’m guessing the wake sports enthusiasts will be searching for the dealer experience that they had with you,. They won’t find that at BBG in my opinion.

Glad to hear you will be continuing with service for existing customers. There will be a lot of people happy about that.

• Like 3

Man Peter, this breaks my heart.  While I've never been in a situation where I could buy a boat from you geographically, I've loved the few dealings I've had with you in the past.  I still have my SWS-branded drysuit!

There are still those of us out there who appreciate relationships.  I'm really glad to hear you're going to keep things going for your customers.

Best,
Matt

• Like 1

Loyalty and honesty for the right reasons is a rare find ... for those who got to experience it ... you’ll miss it.  For those who haven’t ... well you will visit this forum looking for answers ... doubt you’ll find it by buying malibu shares ... 

and for those who question the comparison between boat and car industry  ... well this is how the automotive industry works ... a unit is sold when it ships to a dealer ... not when you take possession of it ... 

Sir ... I wish you good times working and flying as far as those wings take you 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, UWSkier said:

I still have my SWS-branded drysuit!
Matt

Matt,  Someday it'll be a collectors item!!   :) :lol: :thumbup:

• Like 3

Man, this is a sad day. I live 40 minutes from my local dealer, and 5-6 hours from peter. I have been to peter's events a couple times, skied behind his promo boats several times, and gotten very solid answers, guidance and advice from him.

Very few dealers have the skills you do peter, and even fewer have the knowledge you do.  Best of luck to you and your family.

• Like 1

As a former customer who moved away from New York, I can tell you there is no better than Peter. He and his family are great people. It was always nice to sit and talk with Peter and his wife and see the kids playing around the yard. I'm old school and cut from the same cloth as Peter, his service was second to none. Peter now you may have some extra time come visit Tracy and I in Sandy. 

• Like 1

Peter, I’m sure that was a difficult post to write.  Well said!  You’re leaving some big shoes to fill and I done envy anyone who is stepping in to fill the void

As you know, I have always said that I have been on the Malibu train because that’s what you sell and service, following you from ECF to SWS.  I look forward to following you into your next chapter!  Should I start working on a pilots license?

• Like 3

WOW.  All I can say is WOW.  What a GD shame.  Peter and I have done business (long story) and you could not imagine a more caring human and outstanding dealer.  This, dealing with a Canuck, too! (You know how THEY can be! LOL)  This same sort of thing in fact happened to my Malibu dealer up here and now they are once again  a Malibu dealer (after maybe a ten year hiatus?)  Maybe that will happen here when Malibu sales go to heck in a handbasket in that area.  Or it might be like a great friend of mine who got the same end of the stick from Correct Craft - only he told them to stuff it and dumped his inventory for pennies on the dollar screwing over CC.

• Like 1

This truly saddens me.

I have never met Peter, but have appreciated his contributions to our little community here.  I guess this is the future.

I wish the best for you and your family going forward.  Keep to the high road.

• Like 1

Malibu lost a good one.  Peter has also helped me on a number of occasions with different boats I have owned.  Wish you all the best with your new venture... and thanks again for all your contributions on this forum!:thumbup:

On 8/31/2018 at 2:37 AM, Lance B. Johnson said:

Whatever you decide Peter, good luck to you.  Thank you so much for your help on the throttle this summer.  The boat works great.

Good to hear.  It's amazing to me how many parts we still drop ship to customers to help them get back on the water.  You never know where the next phone call is coming from.

Sorry to hear the news, Peter.  Like so many have said, your eagerness to provide input, advice, suggestions, and ideas have helped hundreds of folks on this site.  Nearly all of them were just a stranger on internet with no real gain on your end except the feel-good aspect.    Sure you sold a few parts here and there, some really cool dry suits (I still have mine like Matt :) ), and included a cool refrigerator magnet that lived in my office for the last 15 year or so.   The willingness to help has always been over the top.

What you did that truly set you apart was that you showed up.   You showed up from the very beginning of your relationship with Malibu as a promo guy, thru the dealership and making customers into lifelong friends, the Malibu Boat Owners site, TMC, over the phone for those with questions.  I can only imagine how many requests you received from folks and I never, ever saw you be less than eager to assist anyone. 

One of my favorite quotes sums you up, sir - "You can pretend to care, but you can't pretend to show up".  You showed up.

Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention some of the cool designs you chose for your boats.  Two favorites - #1 was the green Sportster with a custom shorter Titan tower and Corvette power.  #2 was I believe an 04 SSLXi that was white with a black stripe...just a classy rig that I tried my best to buy from our of my local territory.  

Best of luck to you as things move forward.  Please keep us in the loop!

• Like 1

Ha!  That Green Sportster was BADA$$.    :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words Edwin.  Who knows, maybe I'll have time to get back on here more, and be the "old guy".

I know you helped me with maintenance advise on my previous Sunsetter. Thank you again for that Peter. My best thoughts go out to you going forward !  And look forward to your continued positive energy here.

Have to admit, your inner knowledge of what is happening to our beloved Malibu is disheartening. 

Steve B.

• Like 1

That was a day or two ago John, but then I miss doing flying starts off the ramp dock and barefooting up the channel, and that's been shut down for years I guess too.

Times change, as do people.  I can't begin to count the number of kids we taught to ski from the Eagle rock beach during the Forest Lake Camp clinics.  Good times.

Probably not the place to post it, but I don't want to infringe on TMC's no advertising rules.

A member just asked me about some decals, which prompted me to look in some bins.  If anyone is looking for bits & pieces of decals, or other perhaps abstract parts, let me know as I should probably clear most of that stuff out.  Not free, but certainly all deals.  And for that matter I've got an entire interior for a Response LXR except for the engine box. (brand new)

pb

I should have at least given you guys a clue, or I'll be chasing emails all week.

Most of it's older stuff.  You know, stuff you can't get anymore.  Quite a large number of Response orientated emblems.

42246070_1850062725062635_22987514340924

41930277_1850062718395969_42206611792084

42119618_1850062741729300_10394281276814

42262245_1850062865062621_39759268602812

42150665_1850062888395952_89610558097399

42128778_1850062968395944_56575607760559

42280413_1850078915061016_21254982343977

Edited by SmoothWaterMan