Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Did something stupid last night.

96Response

Well after a day having of nothing but things go wrong at work, worst in my Career, why should it stop there. Went home Put a new water pump on the boat went to the lake to check everything out after the install, launched the boat, tied up to the dock, left the boat running ( I never do) , Parked the truck, Took my good old time walking down to the dock only to find the floor soaked and the Bilge pretty full. Yep I'M an idiot, forgot to put the hose back on the water pump. Good news though, It Pumps like crazy. LOL. What a day. 

• Like 2

Let me tell you a story about drain plug #3...

The amount of things that boaters learn (especially those that do their own wrenching) could fill a hard drive (newy-tech term to take over "encyclopedia"). Sounds like you learned just in time. Keep the rub rail away from the fish, have fun.

• Like 3

Amen, cant believe I did that. I have been building Street and drag cars my whole life along with boats and made a rookie mistake. That's what I get for trying to hurry and get to the lake the same night. 

Rookie or pro doesn't make a difference in 67 years thought I'd learned not to rush but it'll bite u every time and I still do it. 

20 minutes ago, Rednucleus said:

Raw water pump or circulating pump? How long did it run??

Was thinking the same thing. Did the engine overheat? How hot got the exhaust hoses and the fiberglass mufflers? I would definitely be a bit concerned.

Oh yeah.  Brought new boat to dealer for the 10 hour break-in inspection.  Next week put the boat in the water and start it up.  While backing out I see the bulge pump switch light up.  I open the mid-ship hatch, and sure enough water flooding in.  We scrambled back to the dock and find the jack@#$!% at the dealership didn't put the raw water hose back on.

Now everytime I start up with engine bay open and do a quick check.

Never went back to that dealership again.