Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Teleflex MV3E throttle control issue

My 2010, 23 LSV, 990 hours with the Teleflex MV3E throttle control has gotten extremely loose, as in hit a wave and it goes to max throttle. Everything else about the operation is working fine. I am pretty sure that it is just worn out. Anyone replaced one yet and where did you finally manage to find one, “other than a dealer”. I did the online searches at Bakes, Skidim and Amazon but no joy for the “E” or hybrid version. Thanks for the help. Bill

Turns out the MV-3E gods were smiling on me. There are 2 flat tension springs sitting behind and on the aft end of the rotating throttle control housing. One was broken which put less force on the affected surfaces. It is an easy #2 Phillips head and #1 Flat head fix. Remove the 3 throttle Phillips screws and pull the whole assembly out far enough to expose the back side. Remove the old piece(s) if any. Push down on the wing of the existing spring and insert the end of the new one with the #1 behind that retention post and slide and insert the rest of the spring behind the center and opposite end post. And the best part, $7.00 from the dealer. 

B5A0022B-81A6-49FA-9968-938473FD9AFF.jpeg

4D94B7A3-1CB8-4580-8A71-D5DB95ED763F.jpeg

• Like 2

The top pic is kind of embarrassing, but I have never gotten behind the throttle to clean it. You can see the one good original spring corners bottom center and at the left under the sub knob. Hope this helps someone else. Bill

On 8/29/2018 at 3:26 PM, wdr said:

Turns out the MV-3E gods were smiling on me. There are 2 flat tension springs sitting behind and on the aft end of the rotating throttle control housing. One was broken which put less force on the affected surfaces. It is an easy #2 Phillips head and #1 Flat head fix. Remove the 3 throttle Phillips screws and pull the whole assembly out far enough to expose the back side. Remove the old piece(s) if any. Push down on the wing of the existing spring and insert the end of the new one with the #1 behind that retention post and slide and insert the rest of the spring behind the center and opposite end post. And the best part, $7.00 from the dealer. 

oh man so glad I stopped by here today! Mine does the same damn thing!
Guess I'll pull it apart and take a look! 

Thank you.
Any chance on a part number? 

• 3 years later...