Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T22 with 409 Torque (2773) prop vs 2247

vanamp

I figured I'd post this since there was some questions about it when the 2018 T22 came out and this will likley be relevent for the next few T22's to be released.

I ordered my 2018 T22 with the torque prop Acme 2773 as my last boat had it. We surf with 1100's in the rear lockers, 650 bow bag and stock tanks full.  We also have 300lbs. Of lead spread around the boat for dialing things in. 

With the 2773 RPMs were around 4000-4200 with or without the wedge.  We were burning through gas like crazy. Boat did not sound too happy. 

With the 2247 we are around 3600 RPMs and the boat just sounds a lot happier. Zero issues with hole shot or getting to surf speed. I feel like I could really load the boat up and still be fine with this prop.

Maybe it has a purpose at different elevations but other than that Im not even sure why its an option. 

6 hours ago, vanamp said:

I figured I'd post this since there was some questions about it when the 2018 T22 came out and this will likley be relevent for the next few T22's to be released.

I ordered my 2018 T22 with the torque prop Acme 2773 as my last boat had it. We surf with 1100's in the rear lockers, 650 bow bag and stock tanks full.  We also have 300lbs. Of lead spread around the boat for dialing things in. 

With the 2773 RPMs were around 4000-4200 with or without the wedge.  We were burning through gas like crazy. Boat did not sound too happy. 

With the 2247 we are around 3600 RPMs and the boat just sounds a lot happier. Zero issues with hole shot or getting to surf speed. I feel like I could really load the boat up and still be fine with this prop.

Maybe it has a purpose at different elevations but other than that Im not even sure why its an option. 

I'm surprised you are only at 3600 RPMs with the 2247. That is what I have on now and am usually closer to 4k. I, like you, seem to be really going through the gas surfing, so my plan for tomorrow is to get my spare prop on, which is a 2277, and do a comparison. I should have changed it out sooner, (~60 some hours now) but sometimes its just easier to go surfing than mess with it!

1 hour ago, Raimie said:

I'm surprised you are only at 3600 RPMs with the 2247. That is what I have on now and am usually closer to 4k. I, like you, seem to be really going through the gas surfing, so my plan for tomorrow is to get my spare prop on, which is a 2277, and do a comparison. I should have changed it out sooner, (~60 some hours now) but sometimes its just easier to go surfing than mess with it!

I couldnt get on plane in a fully weighted 2017 a20 with the 2277. 750 bags in the rear and a 400 under bow. All on top of stock of course. 2249 is my current prop and it has no problems. Was surfing all week with 6-7 adults at 3500 rpms. 

30 minutes ago, onewake09 said:

I couldnt get on plane in a fully weighted 2017 a20 with the 2277. 750 bags in the rear and a 400 under bow. All on top of stock of course. 2249 is my current prop and it has no problems. Was surfing all week with 6-7 adults at 3500 rpms. 

"on plane" or to surf speed?  Given my T22 experience, I'd expect that an A20 with full 750s is going to take a crap ton of bow weight over and above the underseat PNP bag to plane out, let alone push 11 mph to surf.  You were surfing how fast at 3500 rpms with full 750s and where were the passengers sitting?  

• Like 2
8 hours ago, onewake09 said:

I do have PWII so I can utilize the lift feature for getting up to speed if I have a wakeboarder that is riding when I'm all filled up.

9 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

"on plane" or to surf speed?  Given my T22 experience, I'd expect that an A20 with full 750s is going to take a crap ton of bow weight over and above the underseat PNP bag to plane out, let alone push 11 mph to surf.  You were surfing how fast at 3500 rpms with full 750s and where were the passengers sitting?  

Sorry, surf speed. I had all 500 pounds of lead in the bow as far forward as possible. And i cant get a clean wave under 11 mph. Im usually surfing at 11.4-11.8 with that much weight. I was just out yesterday with the same setup and wedge down surfing at 11.8 and was only at 3600 rpms.