Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone Ever Use Malibu Warranty to Fix Sagging Floor?

I am the original owner and there are some sagging areas in my Response LX floor.  Anyone ever try to get the lifetime warranty  to repair it? Might be a good time for carpet renew (or imagine....  Seadeck!)

My '99 Sunsetter LX has a sagging floor, particularly on the starboard side under the rear seat.  I am the third owner, and didn't know to ask about the warranty transfer.  If I were the original owner, I would definitely give malibu a call. 

If I were to bother with fixing it myself, I think I would fit a piece of foam to the depression and glass over it.  I see no reason to disturb the floor, which seems solid enough, just depressed a little. 

ahopkins22LSV

I don’t think this will be covered under the lifetime hull warranty as it is not structural or a part of the hull. Our previous boat had this and we had it fixed but we were still in our bow to stern warranty period. 

Here's what my warranty says:

"Malibu Boats West, Inc. warrants to the Original Retail Purchaser that the hull, deck,

liner, upholstery frames, and stringers on every new boat manufactured shall, under

normal authorized use, be free from structural defects for as long as the original

purchaser owns the boat. Malibu Boats West Inc. or its selling dealer will, without

charge, repair or replace at Malibu's option, any boat or portion thereof proven to its

satisfaction to be in defect during the above warranty period."

A sagging floor is likely a "structural defect" but I am no marine surveryor.  But I can find one who would say that!  :)  I kinda like the part about replacing the entire boat.  LOL

I recall reading here and elsewhere of warranty claims by original owners and Malibu did indeed fix the problem...lucky you, new carpet!

Edited by formulaben