Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Direct injection motor available in the 19 LSV?

Sailvi767

15 minutes ago, IXFE said:

This just in...

@CJAY admits I’m right and goes one step further and names me king!  

That’s all I wanted to hear, buddy. 

:werule:

I’m sure it is,  if you’re nothing else at least you can think you’re “king” on the internet....

On 9/4/2018 at 7:17 AM, spikew919 said:

Yeah Malibu had the option for a 230 amp alternator in Lou of the cheap version that won’t even handle all the ballast pumps running at once. But opted for the cheap one. Whereas most anyone would have paid the extra money to have a strong enough alternator. But we didn’t even get the option. But I might add you can get it now from your dealer through indmar. Will even keep charged while idling with all pumps running and stereo. 

#dontbecheapontheimportantthings

Maybe it's just me, but it seems Malibu has done right by you so far. Yes you had issues, but they stood behind them. You seem to go out of your way to crap on them whenever you get a chance.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Maybe it's just me, but it seems Malibu has done right by you so far. Yes you had issues, but they stood behind them. You seem to go out of your way to crap on them whenever you get a chance.

You’re entitled to your opinion.  

They have tried to fix things. But are a lot like some keyboard warriors. Won’t take advice. Told them there were staples on second set of bunks. And 2000 miles of towing and they were already shining up through carpet. Why not do it right the first time. Yes they shipped bunks but  still have to install. 

If I was really trying to sling mud at Malibu I wouldn’t be on tmc where a couple hundred people I would be on real social media like Facebook reaching thousands.  So think what you will 

• Like 3

Looks like I'm certainly not the only person of the same opinion...

If you installed the bunks then you must have chosen to not have your dealer do it. That is a choice.

Edited by 23LSVOwner

Most newer engines are Direct Injected rather than port Injected.  The difference is that in Port injected motors, the fuel is sprayed behind the intake valve and then sucked into the cylinder for the combustion stroke.  The plus to this is that it helps to keep your valves and valve seats clean.  It is typical for engines to have a small amount of oil blow back through the intake, intake valve, and into the cylinder.  That oil with the mixture of heat tends to build up on the back side of the valve and valve seats as carbon which port injection helps clean.  However, you lose the efficiency which was gained from direct injection by spraying fuel directly into the cylinder.  DI leads to more efficient power and fuel metering with the downfall of more carbon build on the valve and valve seats.  I hope this explanation helps :)

1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Looks like I'm certainly not the only person of the same opinion...

If you installed the bunks then you must have chosen to not have your dealer do it. That is a choice.

Sounds like if the bunks were replaced by Malibu, then it was under warranty.  Call me crazy, but I would think that they would want a dealer with trained technicians to make the fix rather than the owner themselves to ensure that it is done correctly, no matter how simple of a task may be.  I wonder if that would be a cause to deny any future warranties because of this?  I wouldn't be chancing it personally.

38 minutes ago, DockRocketeer said:

Sounds like if the bunks were replaced by Malibu, then it was under warranty.  Call me crazy, but I would think that they would want a dealer with trained technicians to make the fix rather than the owner themselves to ensure that it is done correctly, no matter how simple of a task may be.  I wonder if that would be a cause to deny any future warranties because of this?  I wouldn't be chancing it personally.

Backstory is already been down that road. Had rather not haul 4 hours to my closest dealer to replace bunks especially since staples would be rubbing hull again the whole time hauling there. Resulting in another summer back at factory getting hull repaired again. I’m sure it was to their best interest to ship to me also rather than go through whole cycle again. 

Everyone can think what they want. But in my opinion and everyone that knows all the whole story I have been more than patient. When I first got my first vlx I had 5 friends buy wakeboats just to surf. Two of those were Malibus. 

Like I said before, we love the surf wave it puts out and since my daughter more or less Designed colors , it has made it like the dysfunctional step brother or sister of the family. 😂 but we love it anyway. 

• Like 1
Just now, UWSkier said:

So now that that's out of the way...

Anyone know if the DI motor will be in the 25 LSV?  :rofl:

yes it will be.  I hear it will be on the 23LSV on later builds.  When exactly that is, i have no idea.  Personally, i would not order a 23LSV unless i had confirmation it was going to have the DI.

• Like 2

Does anyone with insider trading know what Malibu has modified for there new engine conversions?  Are they just bolting on marine parts to a Chevy block or did they redesign the entire ECM, Mefi controller, etc?

On 9/8/2018 at 10:10 AM, Fman said:

Does anyone with insider trading know what Malibu has modified for there new engine conversions?  Are they just bolting on marine parts to a Chevy block or did they redesign the entire ECM, Mefi controller, etc?

Marinizing with their own designed parts.

8 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

I’m sure the ECM comes from GM. 

Correct. Tune comes from Malibu.

19 minutes ago, QmanBu said:

Believe this is a new Malibu engine.....

https://www.boulderboats.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&p=1&id=5676366&s=Make&make=malibu&d=A&year=2019&model=24+mxz&fr=xAllInventory

(Scroll through to the picture)

monsoon 550 and the logo on it is the Malibu sun? 

Pretty sure that’s the PCM XR7 (aka GM 6.2L supercharged LSA)

http://pcmengines.com/engines/xr7/

53 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Pedant.  You know you are.

No, just misread your post and tried (poorly I guess) to make a joke. 

I honestly thought your reference to “Malibu branded” was meant to say it was one of the new Malibu motors (ie marinized by Malibu). If you didn’t mean that I’m sorry. 

12 hours ago, QmanBu said:

Believe this is a new Malibu engine.....

https://www.boulderboats.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&p=1&id=5676366&s=Make&make=malibu&d=A&year=2019&model=24+mxz&fr=xAllInventory

(Scroll through to the picture)

monsoon 550 and the logo on it is the Malibu sun? 

Negative. That's the PCM 550, branded for Malibu. Only Malibu made engine is the G6DI at this time.