Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Conflicted: New 2018 VLX good buy?

09VTXBLACK

52 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Side question here. Are the tariffs not coming into affect until 2019 boats or does it just happen to be that your dealer got them earlier? I’m hearing multiple things from different people. 

10% as of July 1, 2018.  So ANY boat imported from the US, new or used from that date forward, is subject to the tariff.  Anything in-country is safe.  For now. And don't forget things like pontoons have that 25% US tariff that will up their cost as well.

Edited by Eagleboy99
2 hours ago, 09VTXBLACK said:

Tariffs are on the 2019 boats. 2018 boats are safe which is why I am looking at 2018 versions. 

Hey Cole where you at on Vancouver Island? I spend most my time on Sproat Lake

Up in Campbell River on mcivor lake. You buying through Parker? 

We were considering buying a new boat but thought he would face the tax either way. Might have to jump on a 18 then. 

22 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Up in Campbell River on mcivor lake. You buying through Parker? 

We were considering buying a new boat but thought he would face the tax either way. Might have to jump on a 18 then. 

As far as I know all 2019s are being tariffed but I could be wrong. Perhaps it depends on when the dealers ordered them? I could not see them ordering the 2019s prior to tariff and then being hit with the 10% now. Best bet would be to call dealers.

Is Mcivor lake nice? I have never been up there before.

You would not be wrong - all boats arriving in Canada on July 1st or later are tariffed UNLESS they were in transit  before that date.  I don't think Malibu was shipping 2019's before July 1st, were they?

13 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

You would not be wrong - all boats arriving in Canada on July 1st or later are tariffed UNLESS they were in transit  before that date.  I don't think Malibu was shipping 2019's before July 1st, were they?

That might be it. Some dealers with different brands got boats in the middle of August still for 2018. 

Mcivor lake, oh it’s an awful place. Lol jk we love it.