Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to clean up wave on my 25lsv

chrismclean1

I have a 2018 25lsv.  It seems that often a lot of water runs over the surf gate which does not give me a clean crest or peak to my wave.  It is somewhat washed out.  I run full ballast with pnp’s.  Wedge one left of ramp.  11 mph.  On occasion I throw an 850 on the floor but not sure that is really cleaning it up.  I would like to clean it up so there is a little more pop off the top.  Thanks

If you have water washing out over the surf gate I think you are too stern heavy. Where is your crew sitting? Is your bow tank full? Your 850 on the floor may need to move forward. 

I have the same boat.  What pnp?  The bigger ones are almost to big.  Your setup should be in the ball park.   A picture would help but if I had to guess you are looking for the pop to close to the boat.  Drop back and you will find more of a vertical wave.   The first 5 feet is flatter and the top is soft.  It’s good for kicking the board sideways on but lacks any pop.

I would fill until your swim platform is about even or just under the water and adjust from there.   If it is way under the water you are too heavy in the rear.

Edited by store934
2 minutes ago, Dfowkes said:

If you have water washing out over the surf gate I think you are too stern heavy. Where is your crew sitting? Is your bow tank full? Your 850 on the floor may need to move forward. 

I am usually with only one or two people.  No one usually is in the back.  Mostly even with the driver

Bow always full

I tried putting the 850 as far forward in the walkway as possible but it seemed to kill some of the push.  

Maybe I will try only filling the pnp half way.  Not sure on their size but when full the bag comes up to right underneath the top of the compartment

thanks

8 minutes ago, chrismclean1 said:

Not sure on their size but when full the bag comes up to right underneath the top of the compartment

That’s probably it.  Those are the bigger pnp bags.    They probably look like this when full and put your platform 4” or more under water.   IMG_1011.JPG.00f742bf88b2b4fbb829238002332223.JPG

Try filling them until there is room for about 4 life jackets or until your swim platform is just going in the water on the topside.  I bet yours is like this when full.  

IMG_1012.JPG.57db54cd2890ddb4e3a7e5c26b78c2ac.JPG

I found that to be too much weight in the rear and never fill them that full anymore.

Give that a shot.

Edited by store934

That is the size of my pnp’s and my swim platform definitely goes underwater like that when full.  Hoping to go out today so will try filling less and give it a shot.  Thanks for the advice and pics