Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Inland Curl Seat Riser

Raimie

Has anyone installed an Inland Curl Seat Riser? Especially interested on an Axis.

Were you satisfied with this product? On my '14 I installed the 4" 'Axis' riser box, but I thought 3" would work better for us. Not to mention the box was double the price of this option.

seat riser.jpg

Almost ordered their other option for our 2007 VTX last night (Ebay had a $5 off deal) but wasn't sure how they would hold up.  Still trying to decide so I'm curious to see what others say...

For the price I figured I give it a try. It is arriving today or tomorrow, I hope to install this weekend as long as it is delivered before I head out to the lake for the weekend. I'll report back with an update once it's installed!

• Like 2
  • 11 months later...
On 8/24/2018 at 8:50 AM, Raimie said:

For the price I figured I give it a try. It is arriving today or tomorrow, I hope to install this weekend as long as it is delivered before I head out to the lake for the weekend. I'll report back with an update once it's installed!

How did you like this?

5 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

How did you like this?

This one didn't fit my '18, but Kevin Cook @ Inland Curl worked with me to make a riser that worked. I love it, only downside is it puts the windshield frame right in my view. Still necessary though. I use the bolster when pulling surfers or if the bow is full of people so I can see over them. It was installed when you were driving my boat last September.

IMG_20180913_174021408_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180913_180111192_HDR.jpg

3 minutes ago, Raimie said:

This one didn't fit my '18, but Kevin Cook @ Inland Curl worked with me to make a riser that worked. I love it, only downside is it puts the windshield frame right in my view. Still necessary though. I use the bolster when pulling surfers or if the bow is full of people so I can see over them. It was installed when you were driving my boat last September.

IMG_20180913_174021408_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180913_180111192_HDR.jpg

I remember the viability being great, but couldn't remember if it was installed.  Thanks for the reminder and the pictures.

I have the one with the nylon type riser with four bolts on each side. It is well done and should have no issues holding up. Fit great and easy to install.  A buddy ordered them after he saw mine.  Very happy with them.

• 1 month later...

I installed the Inland Curl riser this weekend - pretty simple design and a pretty straightforward install.  I did run into an issue though.  When removing the nylock nuts holding the seat on (as it came from the factory), I snapped off two of the "studs" that are mounted in the seat frame.  Once the seat was off and I could see the studs, there was a fair amount of rust on all 4 of them.  The good news is that the seat riser is thinner than the fiberglass seat base, so even though the studs were snapped off, there was still enough thread on the snapped studs to get the seat mounted after chasing the threads with a die to clean them up.  My guess is that this is not a long term fix, as the rust isn't going to stop, but it prevented me from losing time on the water.

On thing that I noticed was that the space under the seat base was very damp - even though my boat hasn't been in the water in 4 weeks.  I am thinking about drilling some holes in the black plastic piece that covers the opening on the front of the seat base to allow for a bit of ventilation into that area.  Anybody see any reason NOT to do this?

I really like what my Inland Curl seat riser does for my 2019 25 lsv. I just put it in this week and used it on Sunday. I don't think it looks all that great, but I like the height of my seat. When someone is surfing, I can sit on the entire seat (no need for bolster) and there is no need to stand any more and look over the bow.

• 7 months later...
On 8/22/2018 at 10:22 AM, 1984ta said:

Almost ordered their other option for our 2007 VTX last night (Ebay had a $5 off deal) but wasn't sure how they would hold up.  Still trying to decide so I'm curious to see what others say...

I had a 2011 VTX, just replaced it with a 2014 VTX. First mod i did was to raise the seat. My wife loves it. 3 " is perfect. I tried 4 " too high. I built my own. 2x3 aluminum ordered off Amazon 2x3 black plastic end caps, cut the tubing drilled the holes . It took me maybe 1 hour start to finish. Just mind the fiberglass rash. if I am correct the 07 VTX doesn't have the fiberglass pedestal, send me a pic and I can help out. Total cost maybe $75

I used the 3” inland curl on our 2020 T23. Instructions were spot on and install in less than 45 minutes. It made a huge difference in visibly while surfing. 

• 2 months later...