Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding a midship bilge pump

isellacuras

I bought a Rule 800 @$25.00 with both the auto and manual features for my front bilge instal. Ran a wire and 5A blade fuse holder from the same B+ post as the factory rear bilge pump fuse holder. I had a Carling switch with an empty position from one of the old aerator style ballast drain pumps which I wasn’t using since my reversible pump install so I wired it to that switch. I am still using the fill pump to assist my 1100 since it was already plumbed in so it was already prewired. The ground went to the factory ground bar under the dash. I used clear vinyl tubing and ran it back from the pump over the fuel tank along side the port side fuel filler hose and up and into the factory rear bilge drain hose which is some cheap corrugated plastic tubing. I finished it off with 2, 1 way check valves, “a must have” when piggy backing off another hose. The valves were the most expensive items @ $15.00 each from WM. I just have the pump sitting on the hull, no glue. The factory pumps, the seacock and hose for the front reversible pump running out of the factory drain hole and the curve of the vinyl bilge hose pretty much lock it in place. 

Edited by wdr
Sp