Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

22 Lsv ?

shockthis

Is the 22Lsv a crossover boat?  This year we  came out of a 2013 Nautique 210 and a purchased a new Supra SL , I wanted a boat to compare with a G23 and it did as far as wakes, waves and Size are concerned, we are pretty happy with it so far and really enjoy the extra room. The main issues are that we also enjoy slalom sking and now that our kids are starting to ride I am wondering if the new Lsv can make a really small wake for kids to learn wake boarding  on.  I tried a Gs22 last year and it was underwhelming . What boat in the Malibu line up can produce a decent surf wake, a small wakeboard wake for kids(plus bigger for me) and still be able to rip a slalom ski on? We would prefer a boat that is bigger than a 210 too. I know this is a tall order but any advice would be appreciated .

I think the closest you'll get is the VTX, but it is smaller.  These boats weigh 4500 pounds.  You can't really make something that heavy not leave signs it is going through the water.

ahopkins22LSV

Your best bet would be to demo the 22 LSV with the diamond hull. But I’m not sure how good the ski wake will be as 67 mentions, these boats are just getting bigger and heavier. 

The VTX is Malibu’s only true cross over but it is a 20’ boat. We just took delivery of our 2019 and here is my thread that has surf and ski reviews in the last few pages. 

You can get a 21VLX with a Diamond Hull, it's a bit smaller (narrower) and, should therefore be lighter than the LSV. My buddy bought a 2018 over the '18 22VLX/LSV to fit the same criteria you are.