Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 1987 Malibu Sunsetter.  I've had it for the last 15 years and love it.  I took it out Saturday and long story short it vapor locked and the motor started bucking and all of sudden the boat went into neutral.  Upon inspection I discovered it was the driveshaft that broke.  I have scoured the internet for information on length etc to no avail.  Does anyone know a better place to start than what I have tried or a shop or used parts place you could suggest?  

11 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I thought that only happened to Nautique G boats.  :lol:

Funny you say that, I was driving my Dad's G23 last weekend and had it happen.  Didn't hit anything, was just driving and felt it go.   That was a fun tow back to the dock.... Not.

3 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

Funny you say that, I was driving my Dad's G23 last weekend and had it happen.  Didn't hit anything, was just driving and felt it go.   That was a fun tow back to the dock.... Not.

It would be nice to have him chime in on this 19 page thread with 24,000 views.  https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/general-nautique-discussion/27879-g23-prop-fell-off/page19

Every theory as to why it happens on G boats seems to get debunked after a short time.  The 'new supplier' excuse has been played so many times I can't count.  Then it was the 17 inch prop...but now others are using them too without failures.  (Tige and Malibu and MC all now have boats with 17 inch props).  

I had 1 paddle, it was a party weekend and the river was full of people.  5 miles took 6 hours, got back to the dock at dusk.  I agree it was not a fun tow back to the dock but could not thank the guy enough for saving us.