Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 LSV center tank moving

kerpluxal

My center tank is no longer mounted in.. checking to see if anyone has come up with a solution on how to improve.. two of mount bolts in tank are broken and don't see an easy solution  to remove them.

I wouldn’t worry about it IIWM. When it is empty the 2 screws, the panel and cushions are plenty to keep it from bouncing around and when it is full the weight of the tank and the rubber strips on the bottom should keep it in place even with 2 screws. The screws through the brackets into the deck are what I would be more concerned about. We are talking “bow center” tank correct?

Edited by wdr
On 8/20/2018 at 6:44 PM, wdr said:

I wouldn’t worry about it IIWM. When it is empty the 2 screws, the panel and cushions are plenty to keep it from bouncing around and when it is full the weight of the tank and the rubber strips on the bottom should keep it in place even with 2 screws. The screws through the brackets into the deck are what I would be more concerned about. We are talking “bow center” tank correct?

Thank you for your reply. This is for my center ballast under floor in front of the gas tank, not the bow "front" tank. I would not worry about it to much except I have a bilge pump mounted right behind it. When the tank is full, it moves backwards into the bilge pump and turning it on, lighting up my  screen that the bilge pump is on. I want to keep from breaking that bilge and also not have to repeatedly turning off the notification.

8 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

I have a similar situation.  Solution was a green treated 4x4 (or two) with appropriate cut outs that keep the ballast from sliding back.

is just a spacer between the two tanks or did you mount it to the stringer?

Kind of a customized spacer.  I use a slot over the hull drain that's right in front of the tank as kind of an anchor key - but I don't think that's really necessary.  No bolts or screws involved.

54 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

Kind of a customized spacer.  I use a slot over the hull drain that's right in front of the tank as kind of an anchor key - but I don't think that's really necessary.  No bolts or screws involved.

Thanks, would have to do mine different as there is a 1 1/8 intake port added and a bilge pump... but I like your thought and will investigate when I go out on Suday :) 

On 8/23/2018 at 4:09 PM, minnmarker said:

Thanks.. was able to get a 2x4 down there for a temporary fix... will work on a permanent solution later this year

• Like 1