Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The classified section needs to cleaned up better.

Imracin68j

13 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

So he could pay $25 to be a supporting member and list his entire parts catalogue in the classifieds with no prices? Isn’t that effectively what boulder boats is doing? 

I suppose he could do that, one item at a time.

Again, the Deal Street and Group Buy forums are for that sort of thing. He's more than welcome to run items through there just the same as anyone else would.

10 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

@Ronnie -- thanks for engaging this conversation and being genuine about it.  We all like to complain, but I for one appreciate that you will take the criticism thoughtfully.  Kudos.

Thanks for that, appreciate it. I really want our members to know the reasons why we have the policies that we do. I know it's sometimes unconventional compared to other sites but with our no advertising policy, we have a whole different set of circumstances.

• Like 2

FWIW I have also had less interest in classifieds here because of a certain dealership flooding the site.  I dont really get it, they dont list the prices and we all know selling out of territory is not encouraged by Malibu.

I think it would be great to have a "dealer listings" section to separate out the private sales from dealer sales.  Just my .02.

• Like 3
On 8/20/2018 at 1:24 PM, Ronnie said:

1. Any Non Supporting member can post their ads for the $5 charge. They get the same exposure as anyone else.

2. All Supporting members get free ads as a perk of their Support. They will also get the same exposure as any other member.

If a dealer wants to Support the site, why would we say, ok, but because you sell boats for a living, we're going to post your ads where they won't be as easily seen by the membership?

Why not simply do what the OP suggested.  New, Used and Parts/other.

That makes it FAR easier for someone purchasing to find what they are looking for.  Someone not looking to purchase a boat would prefer not to sift through 100 boat for sale ads to find parts he/she may be looking for.  Most people buying used boats aren't looking at new and vice versa.  Seems like a simple/logical way to get everything nicely organized without being a ton of work to manage.

20 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

Why not simply do what the OP suggested.  New, Used and Parts/other.

That makes it FAR easier for someone purchasing to find what they are looking for.  Someone not looking to purchase a boat would prefer not to sift through 100 boat for sale ads to find parts he/she may be looking for.  Most people buying used boats aren't looking at new and vice versa.  Seems like a simple/logical way to get everything nicely organized without being a ton of work to manage.

You do know that you can filter the ads to the categories we have, right? Why would you wade through boat ads if you were looking for parts?

So now you are wanting to create categories for Private Seller Used Boats, Dealer Boat sales New and Dealer Boat sales Used? How about we add Promo Boats or Non Malibu Dealers or even Non Malibu boats?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...