Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 LSA Surging @ WOT

I purchased a 2012 247 LSV with a LSA motor last week and it had 109 hrs on it with full service records, I added about 60 gallons of 94 octane when purchased and have filled it up again as well and have now run it for about 14 hrs. I have also tried fuel injector cleaner yesterday and ran it for about 3 hours with no change. The max RPM i can achive is 4500-47 and somewhere after 43 the engine will start to surge i.e. drop off 500 rpm and then power back up and repeat itself. Currently at the lake so I have limited tools to trouble shoot but Temp is normal, oil pressure is normal, everthing looks okay in the engine area with the exception of what looks like the pcv outlet (were the two hose tee off ) kinda laying in there with what appears to be a little bracket that should've attached somewhere. 

any help or comments would be great. The only thing I can think of is the fuel filter but not able to replace that right now. also no active or inactive faults and engine runs 100% normal except for surge at WOT.

thanks

29 minutes ago, csleaver said:

Connect a fuel pressure tester next time you go out and run it at WOT where you are having the running issue.  It should read 58-62 PSI.  Worn spark plugs can also cause running issues, especially at WOT.

thanks it will have to wait till after the season