Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response throttle return spring

Thinking about trying to add a spring. Did all the troubleshooting and I think this is my issue.

The Monsoon motors have a metal bracket plate and not the brass “L” on others motors.

Where should I add the spring near the linkage? There not much to hook to.

Should I drill a small hole near the front of the plate?

When I do the linkage test on Perfect Pass website, I only get half the movement they do.

Is it time for a new throttle cable?

Pics would be great.

PP sent me some, but they all had that brass L.

Thanks Crew!

@NAM75:  Not exactly sure on your setup w/o a visual.  PP is very sensitive to a strong return spring, so you will want to either add one or swap out the one you currently have installed.  The linkage to throttle plate does need to swivel correctly, so a bit surprised no L bracket, maybe adding one would help.  Drilling a small hole is a good option if no obvious connection point exists.  It may be time to check the throttle cable, linkage at the throttle itself and the little brass attachment buttons for the cable to throttle for wear.  Lots of video's and troubleshooting tips on the PP website.

@Woodski

Should the spring should be mounted from the linkage forwards to the bow? (And not back to stern)

Their is a hose or lifting bracket I can zip tie to.

Thanks!