Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

port side rear tank draining while surfing-help

chrisnorem

I have 2016 23 LSV with Wakemakers custom pnp bags.  Asked dealer to address slow fill and drain times over winter and they installed auto vent kit.  I was using the sprinkler vents which seemed to work fine.  Now bags fill with air until they look like going to burst and push water out vent lines before filled.  I have actually been burping them to get home full which clearly defeats purpose of "auto vent."  

Port bag fills normally but last few times out auto bilge running constantly (i can see water discharging)  while surfing and check port locker and bag is empty but all connections fine and no water in compartment.  Must be losing water from hard tank some how.  Don't see any obvious leaks in connections or hoses that I can see from top.  Could the pressure from the auto vent non sense caused a leak somewhere in hard tanks I can't see?  Not loving the auto vent.  

Ideas?  

A few thoughts - there are other threads where the original style check valves with the wake makers kits required too much pressure to open, so the auto vent feature worked so-so at best.   I'm not sure when they started shipping with the revised valves that supposedly pop open easier.  Check this thread out.  

I also have a leak in my system, which I"m 99% certain is at the hard tank nozzle.   I pulled the floors up and it looks like there is a crack in the nozzle fitting of the hard tank where the factory hose connects.    I tried to silicone it to help, but didn't have much luck so will have dealer fix or replace the tank over winter.   

On 8/19/2018 at 6:11 PM, hethj7 said:

A few thoughts - there are other threads where the original style check valves with the wake makers kits required too much pressure to open, so the auto vent feature worked so-so at best.   I'm not sure when they started shipping with the revised valves that supposedly pop open easier.  Check this thread out.  

I also have a leak in my system, which I"m 99% certain is at the hard tank nozzle.   I pulled the floors up and it looks like there is a crack in the nozzle fitting of the hard tank where the factory hose connects.    I tried to silicone it to help, but didn't have much luck so will have dealer fix or replace the tank over winter.   

We have a good way to fix those intake fittings. Let me know when you'll be bringing it in.