Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 LSV touchscreen problems... again. :(

2 years ago I had the “my touchscreen is possessed when trying to use the stereo” problem. Local dealer in minnesota replaces the 7 inch screen. 

Now a new issue. Touchscreen doesn’t let me input my code: 

I can get to maps (which I dont use) I can get to the stereo and sometimes change from FM to blue tooth. I can sometimes get to controls... which allows me to use bilge pumps.

sigh

i sent the above video to the dealer today. I’ll post follow ups to let you all know what happens. 

Did you try turning the batteries off completely?  I had a problem like that a few weeks ago and couldn't do anything on that screen.  I turned off the batteries completely and then rebooted and it fixed my issue.

Do you mean turn the battery switch to disconnect both batteries? Yes I had the battery switch “pointing up”... which means both are disconnected. Then I turned the switch to “point down” so both batteries were engaged. 

I always turn the battery switch to disconnect.

MOE

I did reconnect all of the Ethernet type connections. But then decided I should be systematic in my approach.

Teamerikson... not sure how I would update software. Any links you can send me to?

57 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Dealer has to update software if needed. 

Ok! Thanks I will ask tomorrow when I speak with them

• Like 1

There has been a new screen released since then.

Medallion figured out the issues. Chances are when yours was replaced 2 years ago it was one of the ones that still had the issue.

Kudos to Mn Inboard. They are working on having the screen replaced. 

Should happen Wednesday or Thursday this week. I will post details when it’s completed.

• 3 weeks later...

I had both of my screens lock up today. Start stop wouldn’t work. Had to kill power then reset batteries. This has happened a few times. Thinking back to the times when it happened, I’m pretty sure an iPhone was plugged in the glove box usb playing music. Maybe the Malibu software doesn’t play nice with Apple? 

My screens locked up 3 times in the course of about 10 minutes last night.  Also couldn't stop or start the boat.  No touch commands were working.  I power cycled each time and then restarted.  Each time I had my phone hooked up via bluetooth.  The last time that it happened I turned the batteries off completely for 30 seconds or so.  Turned everything back on but did not connect my phone.  No issues for the rest of the night.

Is it an issue with newer bluetooth on phones?  I know my phone recently got some security updates but I don't know if they did any bluetooth changes in that package.