Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blown coolant hoses

So, I've blown 2 coolant hoses in the past month.  One hose that cools the exhaust manifold, and one of the large main hoses.  I didn't follow it to see where it was going last night when it blew.  This is 12th summer with my boat, and honestly I've never owned a boat this long.  So, my question is:  Is this typical of this age of boat, the rubber just gets weak?  Or, is there something else that I may need to look into?  Temps are staying right at 160-165, no other issues that I can see.

Weird.  My boat is 5 years older than yours and when I cut 2 of the hoses last winter for maintenance purposes both seemed to have plenty of life left in them.  The J hose did feel a bit thin so I'm keeping an eye on that one but the others felt relatively good.  You didn't mention how many hours are on the boat.  I'm at ~850 now.

You shouldn't be building up substantial pressure unless you have closed cooling.  It might be time for a block flush if you are raw water cooled (or even if you aren't).