Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Titan Spinner Boardrack

Cbrown

Nice pictures! Thanks!

Looks to me that if you have the 4 bullet speaker setup, then you wouldn't be able to rotate the boards in far enough to clear the edge of the boat. Am I seeing it correctly? The boards are resting where my speaker #2 on that arm fits in. Looks like that rack is on the upper drillouts...would they still work on the bottom one? I'm confusing myself now. Crazy.gif

Yes! Confused still? :)

Racks are mounted on the upper holes currently, I assume you'd need to move them down if you had 4 speakers mounted. (The rack will work fine upper or lower)

Peter.

Is it possible to use your current stationary board racks and just buy a kit that converts your old rack into the swivel rack?

Is it possible to use your current stationary board racks and just buy a kit that converts your old rack into the swivel rack?

Unfortunately, the way the board rack base mounts to the clamp (or Spinner) is different on the new Spinner. The bases on our other racks attach to the clamp (or Spinner) with the screws screwing from the inside of the clamp and into the base from the backside so that they aren't visible from the front side of the base, which is where we engrave the logo. That wasn't possible with the new Spinner; the screws had to come through the front of the base and you can see the screw heads, which we don't like, so it gave us a great excuse for a new polished billet Malibu logo that covers the screw heads. Therefore, our fixed racks aren't convertible to a Spinner.

Scott Sax

Titan Wake Accessories LLC

Scott,

What about setting up 4 racks? I heard conflicting reports at the boat show. Some thought there is an 'upper rack' with the board at a steeper angle and 'lower rack' at less of an angle. Others thought there is only one angle, and due to the close mounting holes not enough clearance for 4 boards in 2 racks on one side. (topic we've touched on a few times here)

What is the deal for the new spinners? My ideal config would be 2 wakeboard racks on one side (4 boards) and 1 wakeboard rack (2 brds) and 1 surfboard/kneeboard rack on the other. With room for the bindings.

Is that possible? Any chance of getting some pics of 4 spinners on an Illusion?

Thanks -- I'm glad you are on the site to give the straight skinny.

• 3 weeks later...

Toast,

At this time, with the mounting locations in the tower being as close together as they are, there's only room for one Spinner on each side. We are working on a couple of solutions that would enable two Spinners on one side, but they're still in the development stages.

We'll be sure to post when we come up with something we like.

Scott Sax

Pete,

Is it possible to get that spinner with Titan's hydrofoil/surfboard rack?

The surf rack will be available April 1st. They can be ordered now. I just ordered one for delivery on the the new boat in production now.

Toast,

At this time, with the mounting locations in the tower being as close together as they are, there's only room for one Spinner on each side. We are working on a couple of solutions that would enable two Spinners on one side, but they're still in the development stages.

We'll be sure to post when we come up with something we like.

Scott Sax

Scott -- thanks for getting back. I'll look fwd to the new design -- keep us posted.

Not sure what I'm going to do for racks now. . . . I need 2 per side, and my current rack (Nice-Flamethrower) is no longer sold. I have looked a little at other Nice and Dbot5 product. . .

Any other ideas/suggestions welcome. . . . Gotta figure something out pretty soon.

Edited by TOAST
  • 2 weeks later...

HOLY SMOKES!! $1200 bucks for board racks! I paid less than that for my first tower, installed with board racks!!

I am trying to get some made locally from the Metcraft racks. Preliminary report indicates that they can make a solid aluminum swing arms with two pins using the Metcraft base and forks for about 200 bucks for both.