Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 23 LSV

gibbs114

Thought it was you have to have both to have pw3, but  not price included

would that mean you could get pw2 still??? Snd no surfpipe?

Edited by granddaddy55

Love the interior color scheme, but I feel like the back half of the hull should be red too...at least that's what I'd do.  Granted, I won't have the cash or means to buy a brand new boat for at least 10 years with these little rugrats draining my bank account!  It's a boat, it's a 23LSV, looks awesome!

ahopkins22LSV
6 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Wait? That shows surfpipe as an extra line item? Thought it was included in PW3?

You still have to pay for the pipe, but it’s a combo. If you get the wedge, you get the pipe. 

6 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Thought it was you have to have both to have pw3, but  not price included

would that mean you could get pw2 still??? Snd no surfpipe?

I don’t believe you can still get PWII because they changed the mounting of the wedge and the programming for PWIII. 

@gibbs114 very nice boat! Will be sharp. 

13 hours ago, efjeld said:

Love the interior color scheme, but I feel like the back half of the hull should be red too...at least that's what I'd do.  Granted, I won't have the cash or means to buy a brand new boat for at least 10 years with these little rugrats draining my bank account!  It's a boat, it's a 23LSV, looks awesome!

I see what he is saying. Some red in the back would balance out the color scheme a little more IMHO. But beautiful, nonetheless. 

A black swimstep is going to show every little mark from wakeboards on the platform.  

I love me some red boat, so of course I think it is perty.   

They really should just increase the price of the PWIII and not make it look like the pipe is an option.  It feels like they pull a little bit of a fast one.  

I got a kick out of the 'CS cover with TAPS2  and swimboard cover'.  Isn't TAPS 2 a Tige thing?  

ahopkins22LSV

It’s acrually a great feature. The hangtyte is sewn through the cover to a sinch type locking thing so you can put it on the tower and leave it loose then tighten it from standing on the ground.

C65234B0-D81B-4490-AF1D-A0AD50633F5B.thumb.jpeg.c323f6c0618c3791d65ef9f2fa47e63d.jpeg

• Like 3
On 8/16/2018 at 9:55 PM, eubanks said:

Sick!  Did they give you a spray date yet?  Love the colors.

The boat will be built in November it will be at the dealer in December. I get a new one every year so they will bring it in and hold it in inventory till spring.

18 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

A black swimstep is going to show every little mark from wakeboards on the platform.  

I love me some red boat, so of course I think it is perty.   

They really should just increase the price of the PWIII and not make it look like the pipe is an option.  It feels like they pull a little bit of a fast one.  

I got a kick out of the 'CS cover with TAPS2  and swimboard cover'.  Isn't TAPS 2 a Tige thing?  

I had black on my 2018 also no real issues. I agree on the PW3 and Pipe should be a package option.

ahopkins22LSV

The cost of PWIII went up by $300. It might “look” like they are pulling a fast one but it’s really no different. And maybe they are keeping the pipe separate as they might not make you purchase both. 

ahopkins22LSV
18 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

It’s my understanding that if you get Pw3, the pipe comes with it regardless of whether you want it. The cost builds in the pipe. 

Pipe is still a separate cost on the build sheet. And yes when you select PWIII, the pipe is mandatory now. But I was saying that they might be keeping it separate as maybe they will allow buyers to deselect the pipe. 

My $300 increase for the wedge is just comparing PWII to PWIII. That’s pretty fair in my opinion as they redesigned everything for PWIII. 

On 8/18/2018 at 1:25 PM, Chappy said:

Is it just me or do some of the Malibu interiors look like a patchwork quilt, way too chopped up and too much going on!

You can always buy a Wake tractor....

What’s up with the miscellaneous options - small amounts but why would you be paying for a “grow boating” campaign?  What the heck is that anyway?

I guess if you are buying a new boat every year it probably doesn’t bother you, but still....

Edited by Leftlane
On 8/18/2018 at 1:25 PM, Chappy said:

Is it just me or do some of the Malibu interiors look like a patchwork quilt, way too chopped up and too much going on!

I believe that the derogatory phrase used in prior years was "transformer" style.  It will grow on you.