Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 VTX wedge problem

Hello All, the wedge on our 53 hour 2016 VTX decided to stop working and I now get the dreaded “check wedge Calibration “ on the main screen. I can select various wedge settings and the white icon illuminates at the desired selection but the orange widget never moves showing actual wedge position. Wedge is stuck in the up position. I am trying to avoid the 5 hour tow to the dealer. So far I have adjusted the the black angle sensor on the wedge arm to show 3.25 volts with 200 on the debug screen in the up position. Dealer advised there is an inline fuse under the dash about 12 inches from the the fuse box. There is not one to be found after much searching. I did find a 40 amp fuse in the rear transom area that I replaced even though it looked fine. I have googled extensively and see that previous models with power wedge had an over ride in the fuse box under the dash that would allow you to see if the wedge was getting power and move it to the down position. My fuse boxes do not have this. As always any help or suggestions appreciated.......Wedgeless in Whistler... guess there are worse scenarios......going riding..... Cheers

Hi Coop.  Another thread here advised 3.25 as the factory setting. Perhaps it varies a bit from year to year? It was at 3.56 when I first checked it. I will try you’re voltage setting. Is there a required voltage reading in the down position? Not that I can get it there at this point...  thank you for the reply..

So have set the voltage to 3.50.  Still not lowering and get the “check wedge calibration” warning. When selecting wedge position I can here a faint clicking sound from transom area. Possibly a relay?