Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extra ballast bags m235

RCorsa

Took delivery of my m235 this summer and absolutely loving it.  Recently on an outing with 6 full size adults I noticed the wave went from amazing to mind blowing leaning me to believe that adding some bags for the days it’s just a couple of us surfing would be the way to go.   I purchased the custom dual 550bag set up from wakemakers.  However a friend mentioned that I might want to add weight in the front to give a longer wave.  Any thoughts or experience here or other suggestions. I suppose I could play with the settings and the wedge etc but figured I would ask.   I know ther are not to many M235 around here.  Thanks 

Yes the back lockers are all set for the bags.  They say they do this but don’t include the bags as if they do they have to rate the boat as if the bags are full all the time which would cut the capacity from 17 to 10.  How would I add weight to the front I wonder as there are no lockers up there 

We run 500lbs of lead in the front of my buddies 235 ALWAYS.  Does lengthen the wave.

Then when you get those 6 adults back in the boat with the bags and lead it is insane!!

ahopkins22LSV

FWIW, I ran a M235 for a surf event and used it a few days prior to the event. It had 550 pnp bags and we didn’t run any additional bow weight. Boat still easily made it to 11.2-11.6 and I could pick pretty much whatever wedge position I wanted. This was also a 2016 M235 so it was before they went to the 17” prop. So I wouldn’t say bow weight is needed by any means, but maybe it will make it even better. 

4 hours ago, AJwakedevil said:

Shouldnt this post be in the Ballast info section?

It is in the Ballast info section. That is what I see when I look below the title.

21 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

It is in the Ballast info section. That is what I see when I look below the title.

I believe it was moved to it...

Took the boat out yesterday with the extra 1100 pounds in the rear and the wave was INSANE. Essentially double the size and push from the stock 5400# of ballast.   This was with just 3 adults so one driver one passenger and one surfer.  It was so much more fun especially with my new ElGuapo longboard.   I decided to add the 750 front seat external bag next to make the sweet spot even longer.   

• 3 weeks later...

Use lead snd leave those nasty sacs you fill and empty manually in the dust , I have 700 on Board with 200 in bow on cushions permanently except when cushions  tilted for  storage, I end up with 335 in lead in bow on 1 cushion for listing, takes up just one seat instead of whole bow , and if I didnt list and split the 335 evenly would not really lose two whole seat cushions, and definetly don’t lose rear facing seats ever, you will with that lousy bow sac   AND no damage at all to cushions

Once you go lead, you won’t look back, keep the pump to empty pnp if aerators ever fail you can at least empty pnp sacs

20% off Black Friday lead Wake sale is around corner but if you have an M I wouldn’t wait for a 20% discount after season is done 

Very recent order was made on Monday ,shipped on Tuesday ,  arrived on door step Saturday with special delivery USPS truck, though that  may not always happen and you may have to pick it up at PO. 

Edited by granddaddy55