Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 23LSV Wakeboard Setup

riot138

I was hoping for some advice from some of the experts on here.  I am fairly happy with my setup now but I am wanting a slightly bigger wake.  I currently ride at 70' at 21.5mph with the wedge 3 clicks up from the bottom.  What I am looking for is a larger steeper wake without having to clear a wider wake or ride faster to narrow it down.  My old boat was a 83 ski Nautique and the wake was narrow and very steep which I really liked.  I have 4 hard tanks but I don't fill them.  I have filled them one time but at 70'X21.5mph the wake was super wide for me and I was having a hard time clearing it.  I usually ride with 2 other people.  Do you think keeping the current setup and just filling the center tank would be the best option or maybe fill them all and ride at 65'?  Video of current setup attached for reference:

Your head is in the right place with the two options listed above.  Best bet is trial both the center tank at 70 or the 4 tanks at 65.   Filling all tanks will give you a bigger/steeper wake but the shorter line will takes some getting used to.  I have a vlx and through trial and error learned that I prefer to slam the boat with weight and  reduce my line to the right length.

• Like 2

I noticed the same thing coming from a 21' Sunsetter.  I ended up shortening the line for a bit and filling all of the tanks.  It takes some getting used to but the ramps are so much nicer than with just the wedge.  I am now back to 70' and do not use the wedge (skill set does not allow).