Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 LSV 23 - fins broke off

Was boating today. Heard a clunk when turning. Boat started taking on water fast. Took boat out on trailer, both fins are gone. 

Does anyone know what fins go on a 2015 lsv? Hoping to order off Bakes and install myself as the local dealers take forever. Appreciate any links or info. 

That sounds like a call to Malibu to discuss a warranty claim, unless you know you hit something or there are additional details. Call me biased, but the tracking fins don't just fall off of boats.

Even if there is more to the story, call Malibu customer service/tech support to ask what the part number is for the tracking fins. They can look up what went on your boat at the factory so you're sure to get the same thing. Bakes can help, Great Lakes Skipper might have them too. There are a few dealers on here as well (notice all the classified from Boulder Boats) and Smooth Water Sports. Nothing against Bakes, I buy from them too, but there might be a dealer on here who can help you out.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mikeo said:

That sounds like a call to Malibu to discuss a warranty claim, unless you know you hit something or there are additional details. Call me biased, but the tracking fins don't just fall off of boats.

Even if there is more to the story, call Malibu customer service/tech support to ask what the part number is for the tracking fins. They can look up what went on your boat at the factory so you're sure to get the same thing. Bakes can help, Great Lakes Skipper might have them too. There are a few dealers on here as well (notice all the classified from Boulder Boats) and Smooth Water Sports. Nothing against Bakes, I buy from them too, but there might be a dealer on here who can help you out.

I mean it was a hard turn at a good speed.

Bakes is just fast. I can buy it tonight at 11 pm online for example. 

14 minutes ago, Fman said:

Just to recap....you made a hard turn and both tracking fins fell off the boat?  Is there any fiberglass or gelcoat damage?

I haven’t looked at the holes yet. It was taking a while to drain so I left it in my barn and went home. I’ll be checking in the morning.