Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Crusader 6.0 409 Monsoon Oil Filter

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV

Admittedly I didn’t search the forum that hard for this, but I did look and didn’t see anything so feel free link the thread and call me out for not searching :)

Anyway, the crusader manual says oil filter part number is 22679, cross referenced on the wix site it is 51515 or 51515XP. Has anyone used this filter or others? Im a fan of wix but not married to it. 

TIA!

Yes that is right. Or really any Napa filter ending in 1515. I have used the wix, mobil1, Napa gold, etc. really whatever nicer filter is on special when it’s time to do the oil change. 

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
10 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Yes that is right. Or really any Napa filter ending in 1515. I have used the wix, mobil1, Napa gold, etc. really whatever nicer filter is on special when it’s time to do the oil change. 

Perfect, thank you!

The following will all work:

• PCM R077001
  • Mobile 1 301
  • Amsoil EA026
  • K&N HP-3001
  • Mercury 35-802886T
  • WIX 51515XP
  • Napa Gold 1515
  • Motor Craft FL-1A
  • Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
8 minutes ago, mlange said:

The following will all work:

• PCM R077001
  • Mobile 1 301
  • Amsoil EA026
  • K&N HP-3001
  • Mercury 35-802886T
  • WIX 51515XP
  • Napa Gold 1515
  • Motor Craft FL-1A

Awesome! Thank you!!

I'm not sure what filter you can get at the cheapest price, but I think the Motorcraft FL-1A will be one of the cheaper filters if not the cheapest. These filters are the same thing as the Purolator classic filters. If you're going to change your oil every 50 hours, it should filter your oil very well and at a good value. I like Wix and the NAPA golds too (same thing different brand) but I'm always looking for the best bang for my buck.

ahopkins22LSV

At 11.99 for the Wix 51515XP I am not too concerned. Probably 23.98 total cost per year. Oil filters aren't something I feel super comfortable just finding the cheapest. They are probably fine, just my personal preference.

• 2 weeks later...