Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Throttle issues

I have a 2010 malibu 23 lsv with an indmar 8.1 motor. I had it on the lake today after recently picking it up from the dealer. They cleaned all the injectors and replaced 2. Along with the fuel rail as well. Thre boat ran great to start the day (wide or mostly open throttle) but as I tried surfing ( stopping, starting, idling) it began to sputter and quit occasionally. It also would not throttle up. I could put it in forward and the prop would engage but nothing beyond that. Would not throttle up. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I don't have to make the 4hr trip to the dealer again and lose dwindling lake time. Thanks.

I would definitely start with a fuel pressure test.  Ideally, you'll want to get the pressure at key on/engine off, idle, and wide open throttle.  If you could get to WOT, you wouldn't be posting, so start with what you can get.

It would not hurt to call the dealer to see what they say.  Did they tell you why they had to change a fuel rail?  That doesn't really make sense unless they buggered it up getting it off....

I had already tested the fuel pressure and all was good. The dealer said there was rust in both the fuel rail and a couple of the injectors. I'm guessing the fuel had separated in the time between the previous owner and the time I purchased the the boat.