Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Preset Settings for water skiing

CBM

I have a 24 MXZ.  Fantastic wake, which is of course how we use the boat 90% of the time.  But every now and then we have a water skier.  Any suggestions on settings I can load into the “preset” menu (speed, wedge position, ballast)?  I can play around with it to figure out, but if anyone has some favorties, I’d love to hear.  Thanks

If your wedge has a lift mode, you might mess around with it to see how the wake changes... if it's ok to run the wedge at ski speeds. 

I generally tow beginning skiers between 20 and 24 depending on their weight, moderate skiers between 24 and 30, and advanced at 30 and up (they will tell you the speed they want).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 9:27 AM, dalt1 said:

I think it will sound alarm at around 24 but you can keep going.

I think my alarm was at 27-30 but I'm a very moderate skier on 1 or 2 and run about 25-28 most of the time w/ no alarms.