Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

18 LSV ballast issue?

SouthsideBoarder

When under way surfing we are losing water out of the front ballast. Hard to tell if it’s coming out of the side or leaking somewhere in the boat?  I haven’t noticed it really in either place.

Does anyone else experience this or have any suggestions? We are refilling very frequently.

Thanks!

If it were leaking into the boat and you are constantly filling, then your autobilge pump would be constantly on and you’d have lots of water in the bilge all the time.  

What makes you so sure you are losing water from your front tank?

Edited by Cory
5 hours ago, Cory said:

If it were leaking into the boat and you are constantly filling, then your autobilge pump would be constantly on and you’d have lots of water in the bilge all the time.  

What makes you so sure you are losing water from your front tank?

The level keeps dropping to 25% and refilling takes awhile. Also got some more bow rise when it drained.

I actually was able to find an old post that addressed this issue. Possibly the curved section of tubing that prevents draining from the fill line isn’t installed high enough leading to water flowing out of the bottom of the boat through the fill hole. 

After filling I did as others did in that thread and shut off the fill valve by the drivers seat. No more draining and was 100% the whole time and the bow kept down more. 

I will have my dealer look at it this fall to see if the hose needs to be adjusted or an anti-siphon needs to be placed. 

Maybe bad, or missing, duck bill in the anti siphon loop? When you shut off the front pump do you ever hear a squeaking noise coming from under the dash?

Edited by teamerickson
2 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Maybe bad, or missing, duck bill in the anti siphon loop? When you shut off the front pump do you ever hear a squeaking noise coming from under the dash?

Yes. It sounds almost like letting air out of a balloon and pulling the end to make it squeak. 

But it almost sounds that way sometimes with different tanks too. What is it?

• 2 weeks later...