Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Props and ballast weight

JerryT

We're currently surfing behind our 2016 22ft VLX with an Acme 2277 prop with no problems at 400 ft elevation.  Anyone have the same setup running/surfing an Acme 2247 or 2249.  If so would that be a good backup prop when we surf on Lake Powell which is 3650.  Also what is the factory ballast weights for the front middle and two rear ballasts.

Finding the factory ballast specs is like pulling teeth! It's an ancient Chinese secret apparently. ;)

My 2017 23 is rears 250, center 500 and bow 250.

I use the 2277 prop around your same elevation and it works great. But when I go to ~2500 elevation I put on the 2249. I probably don't need it for surfing but sometimes I wakeboard heavy. Increases RPMs about 400.

Edited by teamerickson
23 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Finding the factory ballast specs is like pulling teeth! It's an ancient Chinese secret apparently. ;)

My 2017 23 is rears 250, center 500 and bow 250.

I use the 2277 prop around your same elevation and it works great. But when I go to ~2500 elevation I put on the 2249. I probably don't need it for surfing but sometimes I wakeboard heavy. Increases RPMs about 400.

2016 specs from someone I know.

WJwsm3w.png

Edited by 23LSVOwner

@23LSVOwner thank you for the info, keep it coming!

That spreadsheet is awesome, but the numbers don't add up. For the line 23 LSV (as close as it gets to my '15 23 LSV) 32+58+29+25=144 * 8.3 (weight of water) = 1195.2 lbs. That's 5.76 lbs different, not a big deal. Then the 1100 lbs number is obviously 550 x2 PnP locker bags, but the locker bags don't hold 550. My Ronix CTN 700 tapered bags hold 65 gal which is 539.5 lbs each side or 1079 lbs total. 

This thread has more info on the topic at hand:

Edited by mikeo