Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GDC brakes.

robtr8

Sorry if this has been covered, I did search beforehand.

I have an ‘05 Prestige tandem axle with GDC brake calipers.  The bushing that is supposed to hold the caliper in place was parished and allowed the pads to eat into the rotor hat.  Both Prestige and GDC are out of business.

When you google GDC brakes, UFP comes up at Easter Marine.  But when you call Easter Marine, their customer service folks are completely useless.  So I dropped the trailer off at eTrailer and asked them to find a current brake product that works.  Bob at eTrailer, who is the service manager, did a great job of getting to the bottom of this situation.  Turns out Dexter now owns UFP as well as Kodiak and serveral other brands.  According the Dexter, GDC was a Korean and then a Chinese knockoff of UFP.  The copy was so good in fact, that UFP products fit perfectly in place of GDC.

Unfortunately, eTrailer dosen’t carry UFP, yet, so I had to purchase the UFP brake kit from Eastern, deliver it to eTrailer, then their service department swapped over all the parts.  In full disclosure, eTrailer is a sponsor of the Lake St. Louis ski club and the Arch Rivals show team.  eTrailer is a great bunch of guys and I love having them as a local resource.

Edited by robtr8
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, robtr8 said:

According the Dexter, GDC was a Korean and then a Chinese knockoff of UFP.  The copy was so good in fact, that UFP products fit perfectly in place of GDC.

This is very useful info.