Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New PCM 5.7 Owner Service Questions

Hey guys.  I'm sure this has been discussed 1000x, but I had no luck with the search function.  I recently traded boats.  I have a 2016 Axis A24 with the PCM 5.7.  I want to service the boat before I start putting a heavy load on the engine. 

1.  I am struggling to find an oil that meets the "SAE 15W-40 GF-4/SM" spec.  I've always used Rotella in my other v-drive boats.  What are you guys using and have you had any issue with the warranty?

2. What impeller are you guys using?  The RP061018 crosses with a Johnson 09-812B-1

3. What transmission fluid are you using?

Thanks for helping a newbie.  I've never had a boat with a warranty and don't want to screw it up.

Hi Crash, I use the T4 in my 15 LSV with the 350. The trans fluid (red) is dexron3. My vdrive takes Delvac 50wt (Grainger or dealer in Indmar brand). Your owner manual should cover all that info and will have the quantities. Do not overfill.

Really easy!  Use a gallon bag around filter and you will have no mess in bilge. Make sure the old filter seal comes off. A dab of used oil on new filter seal. Do not over tighten. A good oil suction device connected to the oil drain tube. I do it after I’ve been out on the lake so the oil is nice and warm. Easier to suck out. 

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, Ballay said:

Hi Crash, I use the T4 in my 15 LSV with the 350. The trans fluid (red) is dexron3. My vdrive takes Delvac 50wt (Grainger or dealer in Indmar brand). Your owner manual should cover all that info and will have the quantities. Do not overfill.

Really easy!  Use a gallon bag around filter and you will have no mess in bilge. Make sure the old filter seal comes off. A dab of used oil on new filter seal. Do not over tighten. A good oil suction device connected to the oil drain tube. I do it after I’ve been out on the lake so the oil is nice and warm. Easier to suck out. 

Thanks for the reply and the information. 

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, P6Expert said:

I used the following website to understand the viscosity designations:

http://www.api.org/products-and-services/engine-oil/eolcs-categories-and-documents/oil-categories

Based on the above website, you can use GF-5 where GF-4 is recommended. 

I believe that Rotella (T4) is a diesel oil.

Thank you for the info. 

I just called PCM directly and spoke to their technical line.  They said they recommend and use Rotella T4.

Edited by Crashmore22
Just now, Crashmore22 said:

I just called PCM directly and spoke to their technical line.  They said that recommend and use Rotella T4.

Funny considering the current rotella t4 does not have a sm designation. 

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, oldjeep said:

Funny considering the current rotella t4 does not have a sm designation. 

I asked the same question to the person on the tech line.  All I know is what I was told.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:49 AM, oldjeep said:

Delo sde 400 meets all the mfg specs. 

I second this. This is what I have been running since the labels have switched in my 15 Axis. 

• Like 1