Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to find center cap on older bearing buddy.

vernonreeve

I have a 2000 Malibu Sunsetter LXI on an Extreme Tandem Axle Trailer.  It has some type of bearing buddy, not sure if it's the bearing buddy brand or not, and it is missing the metal looking cap that clips into the center to cover the grease zerk.

Does anyone know where to get that cap? 

Would it be better to use the rubber cover that the newer bearing buddies use?

Is it a Bearing Buddy or some other off brand that looks very similar?

I'll have to look this weekend (it's about 3 hours from where I'm sitting right now), but I'm pretty sure that when I was pumping more grease into it, a blue ring appeared as it started to come out a little.

I kind of like the old metal cap because you can instantly see if it needs more grease (because you can see if it extends out a little) without having to take off the slip over rubber cover that the newer version has.

That's awesome you guys might have one.  I'll get a picture of it this weekend along with it's measurements to be sure it's the right one.

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, vernonreeve said:

How do I attach pictures to my post?

Use a 3rd party app or become a paid member to attach directly.

38 minutes ago, vernonreeve said:

I just ordered a bow safety cable from them and shipping doubled the cost of the cable, so I emailed customer service and they adjusted the shipping price for me by sending me an invoice! Great customer service and response time too.

You looking for these?    They come in different diameters.    These specific ones are shown on Amazon.   Not uncommon to fall off if re-used after taking the axle apart.  Always keep a couple spares when I traveled with my 2001 boat.  

https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias%3Dindustrial&field-keywords=relube+grease+dust+cap

image.png.7634354f5c41ba4096e4079e7ab2cc1e.png

Edited by ORMailbuboater
Above is for Dexter Trailer hub.

I ordered them from Pacific Trailers.  Here are some photos in case anyone see's this post in the future.

BearingBuddy3.thumb.jpg.7ba9dfc2f11d3bf9f128a68ee170b612.jpgBearingBuddy2.thumb.jpg.1d8c888432a6ca173e275f6f6fac287b.jpgBearingBuddy1.thumb.jpg.461a5d83fef004b4996dbc1087798879.jpg

Edited by vernonreeve