Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet to Seadeck

eubanks

5 minutes ago, eubanks said:

Anybody changed our their snap-out carpet for Seadeck in a 2016-2017?  Just curious how easily this can be done.  Thanks.

Ugg - why?

It would be easy though, since if you have snap out then you have a finished floor.

13 minutes ago, eubanks said:

Anybody changed our their snap-out carpet for Seadeck in a 2016-2017?  Just curious how easily this can be done.  Thanks.

Its is not an overly difficult job, the most difficult part is sanding the ridges out of your deck flooring so your adhesive backed sea deck has something to hold onto. 

5 minutes ago, ConnollyCrew said:

Its is not an overly difficult job, the most difficult part is sanding the ridges out of your deck flooring so your adhesive backed sea deck has something to hold onto. 

Ridges?  You mean the diamond texture that boats with snapout carpet have?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, oldjeep said:

Then I would figure out a way to fill it rather than sand the gelcoat off and exposing fiberglass to all the moisture that a floor gets.

You don't need to sand it all off, just make it smooth. Just the raised areas. Flling would work as well.

Edited by ConnollyCrew

I had the snap in carpet pulled (stored in attic) with Gatorstep prior to delivery.  Dealer did the install.  As far as I know they did nothing but install over a clean floor.  At least that is what it looks like.  No issues.  

2 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Ugg - why?

It would be easy though, since if you have snap out then you have a finished floor.

Cause snap in carpet feels great, I love how it feels, nightmare to clean and maintenance 

2 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

You don't need to sand it all off, just make it smooth. Just the raised areas. Flling would work as well.

Mason at gator step said straight peal and stick to the diamond floor as is after cleaning and then cleaning with windex 

10 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Cause snap in carpet feels great, I love how it feels, nightmare to clean and maintenance 

Meh, snap it out clean floor and pressure wash the carpet in driveway. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Meh, snap it out clean floor and pressure wash the carpet in driveway. 

The diaper back soaks up beer as fibers let it roll through , took vinigar to take out smell 

live in my humidity , leave that carpet down wet on Saturday , leave it covered Sunday in driveway and mildew starts before Monday is done if it didn’t get removed on Sunday and cleaned thr Boat Monday 

14 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

The diaper back soaks up beer as fibers let it roll through , took vinigar to take out smell 

live in my humidity , leave that carpet down wet on Saturday , leave it covered Sunday in driveway and mildew starts before Monday is done if it didn’t get removed on Sunday and cleaned thr Boat Monday 

I was with Jeep till you reminded me what it's like in swamp land.  I see your reasoning, but man the sea deck gets hot!  Seems you gotta dump water all over the floor to not burn your feet anyway.

I’m hoping I don’t have a problem with the gator step from group buy and heat, the bare diamond finished floor is always cool, bimini up or  down

my swim step is intolerable unless wet

i actually prefer bare floor but wife doesn’t and I was scared on missing out on group buy

Edited by granddaddy55

Thanks for the replies.  I like the simplicity of the seadeck over carpet.  I agree carpet feels great but just get tired of the cleaning and maintenance. 

4 minutes ago, eubanks said:

Thanks for the replies.  I like the simplicity of the seadeck over carpet.  I agree carpet feels great but just get tired of the cleaning and maintenance. 

Deckadence is a great option as well.