Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

99 Response LX Bimini with extended pylon

lundbladc

I have a 1999 Response LX and am curious if anyone has a Bimini top that works with the fly high extended pylon. I have seen a boat out on the lake that looked like they have the fliy high extended pylon as well as a boom and a binimi top all on what looked to be a 99 or 00 response LX or LXI. 

I already have the barefoot international boom and am looking to get the pylon and a Bimini top.
https://www.overtons.com/product/details?pdesc=Fly-High-Stainless-X-Pole-Pylon&i=313983

Anyone know of any that would work well together? I would love to be able to haev all 3 on at the same time, but I am not sure that is possible.. Perhaps what I was seeing was a custom job as they had all 3 hooked up at once.

On my 99, the Bimini has been modified to allow the fly high pole to go up through it.  I don't have a picture, but could probably send one to you this weekend.

You can for sure do all three.  I have a flyhigh pylon and a generic Westland Bimini with Sunbrella fabric.  I have the front straps on lanyards that attach to the front windshield mounting bolts.  When I have the pylon installed, all I do is adjust the Bimini straps and rotate the whole thing forward to clear the pylon.  It works fine.  I thought about cutting a hole in the bimini for the pylon, but this is way easier.  Plus it allows me to run without the pylon and not have a hole flapping.  Here is a link to a pic: https://photos.app.goo.gl/DUd6vCodlthQB6782

Edited by solorex