Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malivew screen blacked out

if have a 2011 malibu VLX  22..   The maliview screen has blacked out on it,  i cant read the fuel guage or any of the screens for

setting up skiing or surfing, etc,    i had found a 20 amp in line fuse blown but that only resolved the alarm at 25 mph,

any ideas on trouble shooting of the maliview screen,   

we are a four hour drive from lake to the closest dealer in Winnipeg, MB

Obvious things you probably already have done but will mention.  

1) Check all cable\ wire connections.  Something may have come loose. 

2) Remove connectors from back of screen\computer and re-seat.  Could be dirty\poor connection.  

3) Assume you already checked all fuses and breakers.

4) Disconnect battery.  Either via battery switch off or remove one cable for 60 seconds or so to clear computer memory.  Then reboot system.

Hopefully someone else can chime in who has experienced similar issue.  If I remember from other posts around that year others have seen screen failures which require replacement.  

Good luck.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

IME, if the Malivue screen is the only thing not working on the dash, I would head straight to the back of the amp board and check to see that the “blue Malivue screen cable” is plugged into the RFX-3000 (black box). 

It may have come out of the back of the Malivue screen in the gauge pod, but that is highly unlikely. The other option is that is got pulled out of the Viper control module under the dash. If you get on your back with a light you can see the blue cables coming out of the Viper. A simple 3 finger push will reseat them if needed. 

Edited by wdr
Sp
  • 4 years later...

Hi, the original poster is my father, and I am trying to help others who maybe have google'd themselves insane with this issue. We were able to fix it!

We had this issue for a few years, it was awful to have a black screen. We were able to solve it by taking it to a small electronic repair shop. The LED backlight strings seem to go on these. The buttons all worked but we could not see what they were doing. We took ours to Ducktoes Calgary. But I suspect any electronic repair shop could do it for you. Good luck! We were jumping up and down to fix it as a new one is like $4500 Canadian now and we paid $300 to repair it.

• Like 1