Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wet Sounds MC-1 and TR review

lonestar

The MC-1 has solved my accidental actuation problem (volume, on/off, source, channel) with my Rockford in the walkway. I enjoy the large volume knob and the four zones. I have tower, cabin, bow, and sub on their own amps so this works perfectly. The transom remote is awesome (I did not have one previously). The rider can choose the source from the platform right before he jumps in - we split the three sources (USB, BT, AUX) for three riders phones so each rider picks his own music or playlist and volume and jumps in. I also use the zone control at the transom to turn the towers on or off for floating or beach listening.

Only problem I had was misunderstanding the zone control - I thought it was volume and I kept all zones at 100% and just turned tower zone all the way up or down depending on if I wanted tower sound. I was experiencing distortion until I realized this zone control is actually gain. Now I have all zones at 20% and my amp gains up at approx 80%. Damn loud and clear!

Edited by lonestar

I am a total newb when it comes to audio, so my experience may be obvious to most. Just thought I would share in case it can help someone else like me.

I tried to get to a local audio shop to tune, but the logistics and timing never worked out. Boat at lake. Shop closed most Saturdays. So I just called Wet Sounds.