Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 Boat Lift Question

Zac

I'm looking at a property with a boat lift rated for 7500lbs.  Is this realistically a big enough lift for an m235?  The lift is 3 years old. 

I'm not ready to buy the boat yet (right property first) but just want to go into it knowing my options, or lack thereof, for the future.  From what I've read, I gather it would be big enough for any of Malibus other boats, just not sure about the M and its dry 6200lbs. Opinions/experiences appreciated. Thx. 

IMHO, you need minimum 9000 lb lift. The dry weight without any accessories is the 6200. My boat dry weight is listed at 5500 and it is 6800 without trailer. Tower, stereo system, board racks, etc are not included in the “dry weight”.  That way you won’t loose any sleep over the boat with all gear gas etc on the lift. All the best. Safe and fun boating season. 

Edited by BlackBluMalibu
14 hours ago, Zac said:

I'm looking at a property with a boat lift rated for 7500lbs.  Is this realistically a big enough lift for an m235?  The lift is 3 years old. 

I'm not ready to buy the boat yet (right property first) but just want to go into it knowing my options, or lack thereof, for the future.

If the property is right, upgrading the lift should be a very easy upgrade.  May even be able to modify the existing lift to accommodate more weight, depending on what style it is (i.e. bigger tanks for a hydrohoist style, or bigger motors/higher gearing for a cable type).

• Like 2

The answer is definitely no. I had my M on a 7500 lift and had two air tanks rupture within 6 weeks from the wake of passing boats.  It should be very easy to upgrade like someone above said. Depending on how they build lifts up in your neck of the woods,  they should be able to add another float to your lift for a few hundred bucks.  I went to a 9k lift and it works perfectly.  

Edited by M235Ozark
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, 67King said:

If the property is right, upgrading the lift should be a very easy upgrade.  May even be able to modify the existing lift to accommodate more weight, depending on what style it is (i.e. bigger tanks for a hydrohoist style, or bigger motors/higher gearing for a cable type).

Unfortunately the dock/lift is part of a strata and upgrading or changing the lift isn't an option. 

2 hours ago, M235Ozark said:

The answer is definitely no. I had my M on a 7500 lift and had two air tanks rupture within 6 weeks from the wake of passing boats.  It should be very easy to upgrade like someone above said. Depending on how they build lifts up in your neck of the woods,  they should be able to add another float to your lift for a few hundred bucks.  I went to a 9k lift and it works perfectly.  

Appreciate this, thanks.  Not what I wanted but definitely the answer I was looking for.