Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My 7 year old made 2 bouys at 18mph

Chef23

He has been running the mini course at 20-21 mph 15 off and asked to run try the big course. I put him at full line and told him to not to worry about the gates and after a few passes he got around the second bouy. The wake is pretty big for him at that speed so he tends to pull in two pieces.

I am having as much fun watching him ski this year as skiing myself. At the beginning of the year he needed the bar on two skis and someone holding him steady from behind. Now he is getting up on one and starting to run the slalom course. What a blast.

Re your statement: I am having as much fun watching him ski this year as skiing myself

Incredible what parenthood does to us.... where we find new joy. Betcha he had a huge grin on his face after that run!

Congrats to both you and your son!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Excellent! Can't wait to see my boy (4) on the slalom. This year he graduated from the skimmer board to trainers with the bar across the front. I would set him on the side of a kneeboard with his skis on and he would pop up and ski away.

He lost interest toward the end of the season, which was a bit disappointing. Not sure if we were pushing him too much or maybe if he took seriously the sarcastic boat banter that goes on between me, my wife, and ski partner. Anyway, when he said no, we'd encourage him to go, but wouldn't push him.

Excellent! Can't wait to see my boy (4) on the slalom. This year he graduated from the skimmer board to trainers with the bar across the front. I would set him on the side of a kneeboard with his skis on and he would pop up and ski away.

He lost interest toward the end of the season, which was a bit disappointing. Not sure if we were pushing him too much or maybe if he took seriously the sarcastic boat banter that goes on between me, my wife, and ski partner. Anyway, when he said no, we'd encourage him to go, but wouldn't push him.

Vin, don't push him too much. At 4 and 5 my son just skimmed. When he hit 6 it was a different matter he got interested in skiing behind the boat and progressed to getting up on his own and doing dock starts on two skis. We also sent the kids out on the kneeboard so they got used to holding onto the handle.

This year he has turned into a maniac who skis at every chance he gets. Give him time and I am sure he will come around particularly if he sees you ski.

My son just learned to pull out and drop like we do at the end of the course. He thought that looked cool and wanted to do it.

Thanks, Chef. Yeah, I don't want to push him too much. I hope he gets the interest back next summer. Last summer he went on the skimmer almost every time we skied. This summer he skimmed or skied on almost 30 days, starting at the end of May. Long about mid-August he stopped going. :(

wait till they get even older. my 13 yr old daughter is REALLY into it this year, constantly hitting the course. even though i have not been into as much, she has been getting me out there because she is still going strong. She only skis the course now, and has gotten really picky with conditions (a bad thing that she learned from her father).

Thanks, Chef. Yeah, I don't want to push him too much. I hope he gets the interest back next summer. Last summer he went on the skimmer almost every time we skied. This summer he skimmed or skied on almost 30 days, starting at the end of May. Long about mid-August he stopped going. :(

He will probably get it back next summer. One thing we do though is not allow our kids to tube unless they have skied first. We have reached the point where my son would rather ski than tube but my daughter who is 8 would rather tube.