Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sea Deck for bow?

AJK

We have a 21mlx & every time someone jumps in from the dock into the bow they step and slip, the worst being my father slipping and landing with his head between my daughters legs🙄😳. Has anyone installed sea deck or non slip pads to that area, or have other suggestions? 

I’m really liking the Gatorstep on my bow and top deck this year. Went with the black over shark fin colors and it’s cooler than my seats in the sun.

44229ED0-274E-4756-A1D4-3A23F434A7AE.jpeg

Edited by NWBU
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Oh ya! Must have! 

F764529F-1461-4D67-9EB7-F6EA07779FAE.jpeg

That’s Gatorstep. There’s a group buy getting ready. 

Hey, where did you take that pic?  I wanna go out on the river someday.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, SoulSurfer said:

Hey, where did you take that pic?  I wanna go out on the river someday.

@teamerickson would have to provide the final answer, but my guess (from looking) is that is on the California Delta, and while nobody has been everywhere on the delta, it looks like the docks on the Sacrament River at/near "The Boathouse" in Locke. If correct, watch out for fast moving currents near there and the no ski zone on the Georgiana Slough; The North Fork of the Mokelumne River is nice, but most of the South Fork is too narrow to be safe (but that doesn't stop anyone).

18 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Sacramento River, Sacramento. Chevys on the river. A little north of old town. 

I had the correct river, but I was about 30 miles too far South.

@AJK As far as the GatorStep goes: I have it for every part of my '15 23 LSV (except the snap out carpet area) and I won't have a boat without it again. It stays cool, keeps the gelcoat protected, and help with traction. Worth every penny.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 5:57 PM, AJK said:

We have a 21mlx & every time someone jumps in from the dock into the bow they step and slip, the worst being my father slipping and landing with his head between my daughters legs🙄😳. Has anyone installed sea deck or non slip pads to that area, or have other suggestions? 

AJK I just ordered the bow piece from Gatorstep for our MLX, I'll post a pic when we get it. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SpaceSurfer said:

I'm planning on Seadek only because their color selection is a little better. My boat's black and yellow and I really wanted some yellow on the pads...

You could do black with yellow trim, that would look sick. Gatorstep will do basically any colour if I recall right. 

16 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

You could do black with yellow trim, that would look sick. Gatorstep will do basically any colour if I recall right. 

Thats what I was thinking too. Unfortunately I asked Gatorstep and they said they don't do yellow.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 11/25/2018 at 6:30 PM, AJK said:

Does anyone know if cloud or sharkskin is the right gray color for a Malibu mlx

Silver cloud is the factory MLX color for gatorstep. 

Edited by rockdoc