Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Connections for RGB Lights

9 hours ago, audiopdj said:

Anyone have any luck recently with the canbus wire connections for the shadowcaster box? I’m about to get into this with my 22lsv. Wasn’t sure if anyone had info on the actual canbus colors or location?

From my searching, I have found that there should be a canbus accessory wire under the dash (blue and white I believe) , I am not sure if we have raw leads or if we need to tap into it, but I know this lead is to be run (kept twisted) all the way up to/in the rgb controller can terminals. From here the screen rgb option needs switched on, and rgbs need run to the controller, and we should be good to go. 

On 2/15/2023 at 8:41 AM, Brandonloos21 said:

From my searching, I have found that there should be a canbus accessory wire under the dash (blue and white I believe) , I am not sure if we have raw leads or if we need to tap into it, but I know this lead is to be run (kept twisted) all the way up to/in the rgb controller can terminals. From here the screen rgb option needs switched on, and rgbs need run to the controller, and we should be good to go. 

I did some digging tonight. Tried tapping into a few sets of can wires. Tested the wires to confirm they were indeed a canbus network of some sort. However, none of them activated the shadowcaster controller. Sure is frustrating. There is a lot of info online but it’s all so vague. I’m going to put a little more effort in tomorrow night and if I get it I will be sure to put a write up of it.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, audiopdj said:

I did some digging tonight. Tried tapping into a few sets of can wires. Tested the wires to confirm they were indeed a canbus network of some sort. However, none of them activated the shadowcaster controller. Sure is frustrating. There is a lot of info online but it’s all so vague. I’m going to put a little more effort in tomorrow night and if I get it I will be sure to put a write up of it.  

Are your wires twisted all the way into the controller? Also, dumb question but necessary to ask, are you giving the controller 12v power? Can bus is not meant to power unit but for communication.  

6 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Are your wires twisted all the way into the controller? Also, dumb question but necessary to ask, are you giving the controller 12v power? Can bus is not meant to power unit but for communication.  

Oh yah. Unit is powered. Wires are twisted all the way. Metered them to confirm can high and low as well. It’s weird. There is a box near the battery switch with can wires running into it. When you unplug the box the only lights that stop working are the docking lights. There must be different can networks all over the place.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So, according to one of the larger installers I have talked to, the 2022 boats do not work with the can bus ws/shadowcaster 4 zone controller. Can anyone confirm this? Any alternatives to get it to be controllable from Malibu screen?

2022 and newer Malibu boats do not use the Shadowcaster muti-zone lighting controller.  They use a Ride Controller RGB module that is very similar the the other power modules used in the 2020-2023 boats.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone confirm if the 4 zone does work with a 2021 ? I have a 21VLX 

Trying to tap into can for factory screen. what it seems so far, is that the black medallian box should have CAN connector there, has anyone done this?

Thanks! 

Edited by luxuryautoco