Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX Help!

MalibuBuzz

Could someone please measure their newer model Wakesetter VLX on a Boatmate Trailer with a break-away tongue? I need the measurement from the end of the folded back tongue to the back of the boat with the platform off and wedge down. I need to make sure our '07 will fit in the garage depth-wise. I think the measurement is about 22 ft, but want to make sure and our boat is at the dealer right now so I can't measure. We will be refitting our garage with an 8ft door, so I think height will be ok. Thanks in advance!

The breakaway tongue usually lines up (roughly) with the front of the boat, so the measurment would just be the overall boat lenght.

Of course I'd be sure you have another foot or two just so you don't have to jam it right against the wall, and can move around etc..

*edited for volume...*

Edited by SacRiverRat

Some trailers that have the breakaway tongue don't break at the nose of the boat (where they should IMO). My VLX sits on an Extreme, so I know that doesn't help you, but it breaks right at the nose. So for a manual wedge that you would put down, take the swim platform off, you've got the boat length (21'6") plus a few inches for the wedge & bracket. Add a bit more for the Power Wedge, & if you do have it then I think you're going to be a few inches short on room. I'd guess that you'll need 22'3" or maybe a bit more for that boat with a power wedge. And all of that is "if" the tongue breaks at the nose of the boat.

Some trailers that have the breakaway tongue don't break at the nose of the boat (where they should IMO). My VLX sits on an Extreme, so I know that doesn't help you, but it breaks right at the nose. So for a manual wedge that you would put down, take the swim platform off, you've got the boat length (21'6") plus a few inches for the wedge & bracket. Add a bit more for the Power Wedge, & if you do have it then I think you're going to be a few inches short on room. I'd guess that you'll need 22'3" or maybe a bit more for that boat with a power wedge. And all of that is "if" the tongue breaks at the nose of the boat.

Ok, boat is 21'6", and we have a manual wedge. The dealer measured the boat with the wedge down and the platform off at 22' give or take an inch.....I guess maybe we are gonna have to head to the dealer and check the measurements for sure, but it looks like it is gonna work, as we have 23'3" inside measurements of garage...there won't be much room at the front or rear, but all that matters is that it fits in the garage.

For those who have the Illusion X tower, what's the clearance with the tower down on an 8 ft door opening?