Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Deliveries, Post up Your New Malibu/Axis Boats!

Ronnie

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BaBaLoO said:

That step down platform looks legit! Anyone use it yet?

I’m using it in the driveway to get in and out of the boat. Too cold for me to try it out in the water yet!

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

Not sure if I can post here but couldn't find the sticky for 2018 model deliveries.  We put a deposit on this leftover back in November.  Our A22 was delivered to new owners yesterday, we sign the new docs today and pickup a week from tomorrow. (Good thing as we have 8" of snow forecast for this weekend.)  We had planned to order a new T22 in these colors but the wife was sold on this one and it wouldn't have been possible without the help of our dealer, Stateamind Watersports.  Sad to leave Axis as I truly loved everything about the brand but the leftover pricing combined with the 2019 price increases just made the delta smaller and we couldn't pass up the opportunity.

PS....I think I'm most excited about the elite shield coating on  the trailer.  No more waxing!!!

file.jpeg

SA-WEEET!!

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, smooky said:

Is Malibu selling less boat ? Only 2 pages for 2019 it is a lot less than previous year.

When I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, my dealer said that they have had a lot less demand for the 23 LSV this year for some reason. I don't know if that was locally (Nashville) or nationally. I have a 27 February build date.

Everything I've heard and seen points to Malibu selling more tow boats this year than ever, so I don't think fewer boats shown here means overall volume is down. Build slots were filling up more quickly through late fall than they did last year, and it was another record for Malibu sales at our local boat show a couple weeks ago.

The change in the mix of BU sales could be interesting. I can see where some 23 LSV buyers may be going with the redesigned 22 LSV and 25 LSV models this year. My dealer's already sold 4 25 LSVs this year, compared to only one 2018 and I think two the year before. They've also sold more 22 LSVs than they expected to this point, compared to what they normally sold with the 22 VLX in past years. 

It does feel like fewer people post pics though. I know several members on here have already taken delivery and posted pics to the FB group but not here since they're not site supporters. 

IMG_8088.thumb.JPG.c9cb7536d86f23fe02f35f4d76b4fbe8.JPG

• Like 3
1 hour ago, NWBU said:

The change in the mix of BU sales could be interesting. I can see where some 23 LSV buyers may be going with the redesigned 22 LSV and 25 LSV models this year. My dealer's already sold 4 25 LSVs this year, compared to only one 2018 and I think two the year before. They've also sold more 22 LSVs than they expected to this point, compared to what they normally sold with the 22 VLX in past years. 

And there is an obvious reason as to why the sales are turning this way. Look at these new boats, specifically supra, centurion, and Tige, they're all getting huuuuge. So for Malibu they have the M235 but that's another story, with the bigger boats from the competitors the Malibu guys want to play too so the logical answer being the upgrade to the 25. With the new 22, technology is getting better and better so for the average person the need for a 23' boat is gone. 

8 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

And there is an obvious reason as to why the sales are turning this way. Look at these new boats, specifically supra, centurion, and Tige, they're all getting huuuuge. So for Malibu they have the M235 but that's another story, with the bigger boats from the competitors the Malibu guys want to play too so the logical answer being the upgrade to the 25. With the new 22, technology is getting better and better so for the average person the need for a 23' boat is gone. 

There is just something about what the competitors are doing when it comes to size of the boat. It appears that Supra, Centurion and Tige are all increasing their boats freeboard, and Malibu's boats are smaller in comparison. Either those who gravitate toward Malibu, like the smaller size or Malibu is going to have to keep up and redesign the 23 again soon. 

36 minutes ago, NHolladay said:

Very nice.  I am suprised to see it on a tandem.  What is the rating on those axles.  Iwould have thought triple would be standard on a 25

You see a lot of 10k+ rated trailers running tandem but those axles are beefier and they run different size tires/wheels.  What concerns me more is the hitch... This boat and trailer has to be pushing the 7500# standard on most 2" balls.  If you go to your local auto shop, you may get a 7500# ball but the actual shank is rated for less.  I have found one setup that the shank was rated excessively (>10k) and the ball was 8500# but that was over $100 setup and most people are not looking to spend that for a hitch.

24 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

You see a lot of 10k+ rated trailers running tandem but those axles are beefier and they run different size tires/wheels.  What concerns me more is the hitch... This boat and trailer has to be pushing the 7500# standard on most 2" balls.  If you go to your local auto shop, you may get a 7500# ball but the actual shank is rated for less.  I have found one setup that the shank was rated excessively (>10k) and the ball was 8500# but that was over $100 setup and most people are not looking to spend that for a hitch.

For how much I spent on my boat, spending another $100 bucks for peace of mind was a no brainer. I would feel really stupid if I bought a cheap ball/shank that snapped off on the highway when I could have bought a much nicer one for $50 more.

Edited by SpaceSurfer
  • Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:

I know the M235 comes with the 2 5/8" hitch, I wouldn't be surprised the new 25 comes with it too.

You can find solid ball/shank setups with much higher ratings. May need to go someplace better the the big box store. I don't know where my brother got his but much higher ratings.  He got his for pulling tractor and trailer. We use it on most everything now. We also had them back well we were racing. The trailers we pulled make our boat trailers light! But you need to get the receiver also.