Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Deliveries, Post up Your New Malibu/Axis Boats!

Ronnie

Congrats! Looks great!! Pictures don’t even do it justice though. It looks even better in person. Me and my wife saw it at Stateamind last Saturday while we were trying to make our final decisions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @hethj7 and @ahopkinsVTX As you can see I have been through the boat stem to stern and found a couple things that those of you with the M5/6 might want to check out. The nut on the post for the main battery + cable at the rear port disto block was not even hand tight which I would of been at wits end to diagnose had the cable come off. Those that have the heater installed, check the hoses from the block and recirculating pump. On mine both were within a 1/4” of the raw water pump pulley and a bad day. The on board charger head needed to be adjusted so the prongs fully extended into the housing to make contact with the female end of the extension cord.

7959B7C7-5E15-4F18-A8E4-544C7EB45661.jpeg

Edited by wdr

Well, now that you mention it, I hand to tighten up my battery charger plug as well.  Just like on my 2016 😞 And at least on the 25LSV, the charger is now enclosed, so you can’t see charge status lights.   And, my distribution block cover was off laying in the compartment with the charger.  I will have to go back and make sure things are actually tight.  

My heater hoses are fine I think.  But the only reason I know is because I went to winterize the boat after delivery and am 99% certain, after crawling around the rear lockers for 30 minutes looking, that the factory didn’t install the tee and drain fitting on the hose out of the heat exchanger.  Luckily, our hard freezes look to be over.

Oh, and the manual states to blow out the heater but my dealer confirmed with Malibu it is part of the closed system and doesn’t need to be drained to winterize.  

I love the boat, love Malibu, but do still chuckle reading the build book and manuals with all the personal statements of how Malibu pays attention to all the details.  I smile even more thinking of how G owners spend tens of thousands more and still have issues as well 😜

11 minutes ago, wdr said:

Thanks @hethj7 and @ahopkinsVTX As you can see I have been through the boat stem to stern and found a couple things that those of you with the M5/6 might want to check out. The nut on the post for the main battery + cable at the rear port disto block was not even hand tight which I would of been at wits end to diagnose had the cable come off. Those that have the heater installed, check the hoses from the block and recirculating pump. On mine both were within a 1/4” of the raw water pump pulley and a bad day. The on board charger head needed to be adjusted so the prongs fully extended into the housing to make contact with the female end of the extension cord.

Was all that hardware just sitting in the hull????

30 minutes ago, wdr said:

So far. Found another washer this afternoon.

That’s crazy. It is like they did t even try to clean it up. I can see missing an extra washer or two, but that much just means they didn’t even try.

Assembly line process. A dropped screw, tools, zips can be replaced in seconds. Fishing takes time, time is money. That’s how you assembly 22 boats in a day. I’m not surprised, it is what it is.

11 minutes ago, wdr said:

Assembly line process. A dropped screw, tools, zips can be replaced in seconds. Fishing takes time, time is money. That’s how you assembly 22 boats in a day. I’m not surprised, it is what it is.

Yikes. That would be a great photo to send back to Malibu. Maybe you could get that fancy $250 book of your boat bring made free for your troubles.

2 hours ago, wdr said:

Either I have a great dealer. Or someone else built my boat. I had none of that. And I looked inside out got an impact driver.  

45 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

Either I have a great dealer. Or someone else built my boat. I had none of that. And I looked inside out got an impact driver.  

This may be unfair to some dealers, but I think you’re onto why some folks never find anything in their bilges.

• Like 3

Yep, I haven’t found that much junk in my boats and I am pretty sure it is my dealer looking out for me before I ever take delivery.  What may not be fair to some dealers is either they should even have to deal with it at all. 

Not making excuses for them, but my dealer delivered 12 boats the week I picked it up and you couldn't see the floor in their Pro shop for the deliveries and no let up for a while. Not going to complain about them they have been great to deal with and my build sheet shows a 2nd set of Rev-10 as "NC"!

Edited by wdr
sp
  • Like 3
On 3/29/2019 at 8:04 AM, wdr said:

Not making excuses for them, but my dealer delivered 12 boats the week I picked it up and you couldn't see the floor in their Pro shop for the deliveries and no let up for a while. Not going to complain about them they have been great to deal with and my build sheet shows a 2nd set of Rev-10 as "NC"!

Where do I find the nuts and bolts in my boat for the Rev10's at NC.....  :biggrin:

Awesome looking boat.

9 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Where do I find the nuts and bolts in my boat for the Rev10's at NC.....  :biggrin:

Awesome looking boat.

Thanks. This boat has been a series of miss communications between the dealership and Malibu. Regardless of whom I was dealing with the dealership never flinched, not even once to take care of us and make it right. Malibu was very apologetic as well and took care of us as well. The Revs were an example of the dealership taking care of us from one of those miss communications which most places would said, sorry we can’t do that.

8 minutes ago, wdr said:

Thanks. This boat has been a series of miss communications between the dealership and Malibu. Regardless of whom I was dealing with the dealership never flinched, not even once to take care of us and make it right. Malibu was very apologetic as well and took care of us as well. The Revs were an example of the dealership taking care of us from one of those miss communications which most places would said, sorry we can’t do that.

To expand on this I wasn’t fishing for freebies, I would of been perfectly fine with an explanation of what happened and an apology for the mistake. The owner told me that it was his mistake and he would take care of it. Couldn’t ask for a better outcome.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:05 PM, wdr said:

So far. Found another washer this afternoon.

I would think some of those have backed off of seat back mounts.  Maybe just eztra stuff that they brought in but I would guess up in the gunnels some of that is missing.  Not the end of the world but a bit disappointing for sure because you always wonder what else was done in this manner.

On 3/17/2019 at 6:28 AM, hethj7 said:

Thanks everyone!  @cptotr is right - pics, especially the sub par ones I took, don’t do the boat justice.  

@gregtay The fenders don’t match perfectly but look good overall.  Here is a closer shot with the boat on the trailer 

F03C56BA-4DFA-4F57-B15D-9D91E218EE67.jpeg

How is the quality of the tires.  Seem like some awful nice fender to be running a cheap china bomb tire. OHTSU, is not something I have heard of.  May be great, but for the jack I would imagine some hightech run flat blow out resistant tires would help protect that beautiful trailer.  I may be a bit sensitive, a forrest river rv blog I am on says travel trailers which I understand is a totally different animal have bad problems with blow outs from defective off brand tires.  Just curious what the experience has been.