Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Admin

granddaddy55

Now that you’ve moved the thread for gator group buy, we can’t discuss colors and things like that, I was just starting to get my bearings and really wanted to find out what grey color will come the closest to my stock grey Transom and swim platform pads

21 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Much like this thread that you started, it was in the wrong forum. This one should be in the Feedback and Support forum. The Group Buy thread was moved to the "Group Buys For All Members" forum. There is actually a new thread for the current Group Buy.

Old Group Buy thread.

New Group Buy thread.

Note: this reply is not about the group buy or that forum, but misposting in general.  

Sadly, a lot of folks post technical issues in the General Discussion Area forum.  I know that moving threads is both frustrating and time consuming for admins, but leaving them in the wrong forum encourages others to think that it's OK to post wherever they want to.  Perhaps the worst case (in my opinion) is the Axis forum, where folks post technical engine issues because they have an Axis.  I don't generally read the Axis forum, but I flipped through it the other day and found a lot of engine questions that really don't belong there.  I can't speak for others, but I'm probably not going to help with an issue that I don't ever see.

So here's a head's up to those who have a technical issue that you might want us to answer:  Posting it in the wrong forum means that it probably missed your target audience.  If you are looking for help, misposting is a great way to not get it.  Think about what you are asking, ask it in the correct forum, and include details about the problem.  Please leave the two fanboy forums for the fanboys and put everything else (stereo, trailer, engine, etc) in the right place.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, justgary said:

Note: this reply is not about the group buy or that forum, but misposting in general.  

Sadly, a lot of folks post technical issues in the General Discussion Area forum.  I know that moving threads is both frustrating and time consuming for admins, but leaving them in the wrong forum encourages others to think that it's OK to post wherever they want to.  Perhaps the worst case (in my opinion) is the Axis forum, where folks post technical engine issues because they have an Axis.  I don't generally read the Axis forum, but I flipped through it the other day and found a lot of engine questions that really don't belong there.  I can't speak for others, but I'm probably not going to help with an issue that I don't ever see.

So here's a head's up to those who have a technical issue that you might want us to answer:  Posting it in the wrong forum means that it probably missed your target audience.  If you are looking for help, misposting is a great way to not get it.  Think about what you are asking, ask it in the correct forum, and include details about the problem.  Please leave the two fanboy forums for the fanboys and put everything else (stereo, trailer, engine, etc) in the right place.

Great points. 

It's absolutely ridiculous how many threads I move every day. You'd think that it was mostly new members but it's not. I do have the option to leave a link in the wrong forum taking you to the new forum location. Sadly, that takes extra space on our server with a wasted post. That would be hundreds of wasted posts with all of the thread moves. I won't do that. I've mentioned several times for members to PLEASE post in the correct forum but it goes to a lot of deaf ears. I don't see it slow down. 

32 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Great points. 

It's absolutely ridiculous how many threads I move every day. You'd think that it was mostly new members but it's not. I do have the option to leave a link in the wrong forum taking you to the new forum location. Sadly, that takes extra space on our server with a wasted post. That would be hundreds of wasted posts with all of the thread moves. I won't do that. I've mentioned several times for members to PLEASE post in the correct forum but it goes to a lot of deaf ears. I don't see it slow down. 

The title of this thread won’t get people to read it. I recommend a nicely worded reminder with the same points from above in a place and with a title that will gain people’s attention.

you admins do a great job and I am just trying to suggest ways to get the word out!

11 minutes ago, braindamage said:

The title of this thread won’t get people to read it. I recommend a nicely worded reminder with the same points from above in a place and with a title that will gain people’s attention.

you admins do a great job and I am just trying to suggest ways to get the word out!

@braindamage Are you talking about something like this?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, IXFE said:

I read this post yesterday and chuckled to myself... a misplaced post complaining about the disappearance of another misplaced post.  That's some funny stuff there.  I'm not a mod so I resisted the temptation to blast the OP. 

Mod or not, stuff posted in the wrong forums is a pet peeve of mine, and it's gotten pretty bad recently.  Just look at the front page RIGHT NOW of the MALIBU BOATS forum:

• "got an oil leak" belongs in the Maintenance, Tech Info & Troubleshooting
  • "Let's see your wave with model and wave formula" belongs in Ballast Info & How To
  • "Forks for illusion tower rack on 2007 vtx" belongs in Modifications & Accessories
  • "Cracked Block - Dealers are just ignoring me ... WTF" belongs in Maintenance, Tech Info & Troubleshooting
  • "FULL STUNT: A LAP AROUND THE MXZ - Trained Professionals" belongs in Watersports & Gear
  • "WAKESETTER Transom Letters" belongs in Modifications & Accessories 
  • "14 Chartplotting/Nav" belongs in Modifications & Accessories 

Ironically 7 out of those 8 threads (including this one) were posted by non-supporting members.  Jussayin... 

Awwwww, poor baby !  We all can’t be experienced poster/flippers like you bra!

im 83%,won’t be long now till I have to pay , when I do, I’ll try to back pay to make you happy 

didnt know where else to post it but I should have messaged the admin but not quite as skilled as you like so I posted

Edited by granddaddy55
4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

@granddaddy55

I owe you an apology, I wasn't aware that you couldn't post in the Group Buys For All Members forum until UpperLeftWake PM'd me about it this morning. The other Admins and myself did not recall either of us setting that forum to No Replies. I have set it where you and anyone else can reply to the Gator Step thread. Sorry about that.

No need for an apology, you guys do  yeoman’s work , IFXE is right snd I need to pay, THANK YOU!

On 8/6/2018 at 7:16 PM, granddaddy55 said:

Awwwww, poor baby !  We all can’t be experienced poster/flippers like you bra!

im 83%,won’t be long now till I have to pay , when I do, I’ll try to back pay to make you happy 

didnt know where else to post it but I should have messaged the admin but not quite as skilled as you like so I posted

Everybody wants to be like Mike...

Pay the $25, get a sticker, and you too can poke fun of others :cheers:

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3

Misposting doesn't bother me near as much as poor grammar.  Somebody please let me know when I get to start correcting its/it's and than/then errors.  Oh boy! 

6 hours ago, Falko said:

Your right, but I think alot of people are in a hurry and don't realize there mistakes until after posting and to lazy to go back and fix it. I no I'd rather just get the post up then try to figure out 4th grade english lessons, but its just a matter of time until someone goes threw and makes comments about it all.

Why don't we have a *skin crawling* emoji? :(

• Like 2