Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Axis A22 -- FAULT CODE -- Alarm

Chaloestrada

Hello I just bought a preowned 2017 A22... Bought it in Austin Malibu and bring it back to Monterrey Mexico.

I recieved it today and once I got it started in the lake a check engine alarm went off.... Talk to the service guy in Ausin and told me to look for the Fault Codes on the screen. He couldnt help me that much over the Phone. and told me a sensor must have gotten to hot. 

The codes are: 

Fault         1

SPN       3256

FMI         5

Fault          2

SPN        3261

FMI            4 

I try disconecting the Batteries to see if the alarm or codes disaper but it dindt work... the service guy in Austin malibu Told me that the check and run the boat and everithing was ok.. so I dont know what to do, If some one could help me out it will be apreciated !!!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem on a 2017 T-23, and one of the wiring harnesses wasn’t installed properly (or wasn’t designed well). The wires were rubbing and grounding, causing all sorts of crazy fault codes related to voltage. It went into limp mode and then died and wouldn’t crank. Dealer figured it out after calling the engine manufacturer, so I wonder if it’s a known issue. I’m not sure where it was, but I think near the engine, under the shell that’s under the center seat. Lots of loose wires in there that should be harnessed. 

3256 is a 02 sensor fault.  I had 3 of 4 them replaced on my 2017 LSV with Raptor 410 at 103 hours.  I am at 170 hours now and it has been fine since they replaced them.  You will need to bring it into your dealer to have them also check for exhaust leaks.  It's a quick turn around and man is that alarm ringing constantly annoying as heck!

• 2 weeks later...

If it is the O2 sensors, after you have them replaced make sure that you do some fast laps with the boat at the end of the day to burn the carbon build-up off of them after surfing or boarding. 

I just had the same issue with my a20 and that is what the mechanics suggested to keep them from loading up. 

• 5 months later...

Hello that Prior problem was solved once I changed the O2 Sensor !!

Now I have this other Alarm ..... This happens when I weigh the boat 80 % or more on its plug and play ballast capacity.

Fault          1

SPN           94

FMI            1

It looks like lack of fuel issue.

Any suggestions ?

How many hours are on that boat? Most likely your fuel filter is clogging up. Change it and make sure you have 59-62 PSI of fuel pressure with the new filter. Here is what the diagnostic book says:

Diagnostics

• Primary Fuel Pressure Sensor

• Check Condition - Engine Running

• Fault Condition (Direct Injection) - Engine run time greater than 10 seconds and Target Fuel Pressure minus Actual Fuel Pressure is greater than 20 bar.

• Fault Condition (Non-Direct Injection) - Engine run time greater than 10 seconds and Fuel Pressure is less than 55 psi.

• Corrective Action(s) - Illuminate MIL, disable adaptive learn and closed loop fueling correction.

• Emissions related fault

The Primary Fuel Pressure sensor is the high pressure fuel rail pressure on direct injection engines. This value can range from 40 to 150 bar and varies based on RPM.

The Primary Fuel Pressure sensor on a non-direct injection engine is Fuel Control Cell fuel pressure. This value is steady between 59-62 psi. This value does not vary with RPM.

This fault will set when the fuel pressure sensor is indicating a fuel pressure lower than expected.

Diagnostic Aids

□ Check the fuel filters for restrictions. Replace fuel filters as necessary.

□ Check for fuel line restrictions, loose fittings or deteriated fuel lines. Correct any problems found.

□ Check fuel pressure sensor circuit wiring for a bad connection causing an intermittent problem. Correct any problems found.

• 2 months later...

Hello I fixed the prior codes, changin the mision sensor and changing the gas pump regulator. 

Now I have this new code..... Searched all over the web but couldn t find this code, hope some one can Help.

Fault    1

SPN 46592

FMI    0 

Thanks guys !!!!!

51 minutes ago, Chaloestrada said:

Hello I fixed the prior codes, changin the mision sensor and changing the gas pump regulator. 

Now I have this new code..... Searched all over the web but couldn t find this code, hope some one can Help.

Fault    1

SPN 46592

FMI    0 

Thanks guys !!!!!

I've got this fault code going:

Fault          1

SPN           94

FMI            1

Sounds like you fixed it?  Would you mind explaining how you fixed that one?  Was that by changing the emission sensor?

19 hours ago, daylorb said:

I've got this fault code going:

Fault          1

SPN           94

FMI            1

Sounds like you fixed it?  Would you mind explaining how you fixed that one?  Was that by changing the emission sensor?

I solved this by replacing the fuel pumps, filters and regulator.  It was a lack of fuel when required. Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Chaloestrada said:

I solved this by replacing the fuel pumps, filters and regulator.  It was a lack of fuel when required. Hope this helps.

Thank you - that is very helpful.  Taking the boat in this weekend to another shop - first one told me the fuel pressure was high, reading 67lbs, but they had not seen it before.  Oh well - frustrating on 9hrs.

• 3 years later...

I’ve been frustrated with the same SPN 94 FMI 0 code high fuel inlet pressure. What did you ever find out to correct your problem?