Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Now That's Service - Larson Marine!

teamerickson

During the last day, and last rider, after the rider fell throttled down to pickup rider. It wouldn't go into forward. At first we thought we lost prop but reverse worked. Pretty sure it wasn't the neutral lockout, although symptoms seem like lockout. Reset the screens a few times then reset battery switch. We were looking around tranny area didn't see anything. Tried it again at it worked. Headed back to dock. 

We had something similar happen in our 17 T23 last week.  I fell surfing and my driver was turning around, she put the boat in neutral for a few seconds.  When she put it back in gear and gave it throttle, she got no throttle response.  She had to turn the boat off and restart before the throttle arm would work.  Has not happened again but keeping an eye out to see if it does it again.

1 minute ago, shawndoggy said:

Ugh. I hate weird stuff like that. Did they diagnose a problem or just shrug and say “seems to work good now”? 

They updated software, checked connections and performed some tests. Worked fine. Just made me feel better having them give it the run through. Hopefully it doesn't happen again! The joys of electronic throttle control!

The price we pay for buttery smooth throttle response! Glad they took care of you.  Did he mention what the new software updates corrected or added any new features?   I am due for an update myself.

1 minute ago, Fman said:

The price we pay for buttery smooth throttle response! Glad they took care of you.  Did he mention what the new software updates corrected or added any new features?   I am due for an update myself.

I'll try and find out what was in the update. 

1 hour ago, Fman said:

Cables are buttery smooth too.  Curse GM for making us ditch them...

• Like 2

I hate those intermittent problems. They are rough on you and the dealer. What makes it bad is you take it in and they say it's working and over the next few trips out, it does it again. 

Do you all update your stuff each time an update comes out?  I tend to lean toward the "if it ain't broke, dont fix it" mind set. 

21 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Cables are buttery smooth too.  Curse GM for making us ditch them...

Better speed control with drive by wire.  I was disappointed my boat didn't have it.  Placing Corvette fuel rail covers on a LS1 doesn't make it a Corvette motor Indmar...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:05 PM, Nitrousbird said:

Better speed control with drive by wire.  I was disappointed my boat didn't have it.  Placing Corvette fuel rail covers on a LS1 doesn't make it a Corvette motor Indmar...

Last time I checked, an LS1 was a Corvette motor...

On 8/2/2018 at 9:42 PM, isellacuras said:

I hate those intermittent problems. They are rough on you and the dealer. What makes it bad is you take it in and they say it's working and over the next few trips out, it does it again. 

Do you all update your stuff each time an update comes out?  I tend to lean toward the "if it ain't broke, dont fix it" mind set. 

Same here...I have been pretty much bug free and am really thinking about waiting until I need to.  Unless they have come up with some new added features.

@teamericksondo you keep your batteries on a maintainer all year?  And when your screen locked up was it after a few days on water with no battery plug in charge?  Just curious....

6 hours ago, jmack said:

Last time I checked, an LS1 was a Corvette motor...

Also the motor put in the 98-02 Camaro and Firebird, along with the 2004 GTO, among other vehicles outside the US.  It is not a Corvette exclusive motor. 

What is different is those cars mentioned above did not have drive by wire when the Corvette did.  The Indmar LS1 has more in common with the other vehicles than the Corvette...

14 hours ago, Fman said:

Same here...I have been pretty much bug free and am really thinking about waiting until I need to.  Unless they have come up with some new added features.

@teamericksondo you keep your batteries on a maintainer all year?  And when your screen locked up was it after a few days on water with no battery plug in charge?  Just curious....

Don’t think it’s the batteries. One time charged all night. Turned it on before heading to ramp from home. 10 minute drive. Start button would not work. Had to turn off batteries. Another time it locked up while pulling a rider and adjusting music. It only happened a few times. Hopefully the update will help.