Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rusty Spark Plugs

Happened to pull my plugs on Monday, just to check them out.  First one I took out (#8) looked like this:

TaCHWqa.jpg 

#1 looked the same.  Quick Google search and I came up with moisture in the cylinders due to either cracks in the manifold, or cracks in the block.  Pulled off the manifolds, and was happy to see dampness in the coinciding runners. Went back for another quick Google search, and ordered two oem units from Michigan Motorz.  

Replacements arrived yesterday:

Sw2SRhs.jpg

All back together today:

rgrus7y.jpg

Am I a fool to think that no other damage was done?  Runs great/no water in the oil/compression is pretty much equal in all cylinders.   

• Like 2

If compression is good on all cylinders and there wasn’t any indication of water in the oil then you may be ok. I would change the oil if you haven’t and then change it again after several hours of use just to be safe.  I’d keep a close eye on it for a while though

Edited by Creekrat
Add