Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Starter noise on 2018 410.

My 2017 does not make that noise, almost sounds like the starter solenoid is free spinning.   Just a guess from a DIY hack mechanic:).... if it were me I would at least let your dealer know about it.  They might just want to install a new starter.

Does it start?  I believe these starters install into the housing and we had one on the lake where the gear broke and fell into the housing.  I'm not sure how you get that out .. but I would say have the starter replaced and minimize (stop) using it until you do.  Would hate to have to pull a motor for something so simple.

7 hours ago, pauley71 said:

Does it start?  I believe these starters install into the housing and we had one on the lake where the gear broke and fell into the housing.  I'm not sure how you get that out .. but I would say have the starter replaced and minimize (stop) using it until you do.  Would hate to have to pull a motor for something so simple.

Starts every time. Just always sounds like this.

15 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Sound file isn’t working for me. I’m curious though as mine makes an interesting noise as well. 

Same here.   Sound file doesn't work for me.   Mine makes a slight squeal at startup, almost like the impeller needs to quickly prime.    It has done it since day 1.  It could be considered a sneeze:dontknow:

1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

Same here.   Sound file doesn't work for me.   Mine makes a slight squeal at startup, almost like the impeller needs to quickly prime.    It has done it since day 1.  It could be considered a sneeze:dontknow:

Sounds like it may be normal for some. Can’t seem to get video to post here anymore. 

On 8/13/2018 at 6:22 AM, hethj7 said:

Can you perhaps put the video on YouTube and paste a link?  I would like to view it.  

On 8/13/2018 at 8:26 AM, dalt1 said:

PM me your # I can text it to you.

Done.

• 1 month later...